Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automotive Weight of a car and the engine

1. Jan 8, 2012 #1
    Hi I just wanted to know what is the mass (in kilogram) of an average car and the mass of an average engine.

This is for my project and I want to know their masses to make a scaled model of a car for my experiment.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2012 #2
  4. Jan 8, 2012 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What zhermes is saying is that it should be fairly easy to find those numbers using Google. So for example, I was lazy and just Googled "what is the mass (in kilogram) of an average car and the mass of an average engine" (I did the search without the quotes), and got lots of good hits. Please try that search to see if you find what you are looking for.

Google is a very helpful tool for things like this. There are times when I use Google Images, to help me narrow my search more quickly. But in this case, the easiest thing was just to do the search on your own words. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook