1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weight's effect on a current balance loop

1. May 13, 2012 #1
    The problem is an experiment has been conducted where a solenoid current loop is matched to a current balance loop; the experiment was to determine the relationship between the current though the solenoid and the uniform magnetic field produced in the solenoid.

one element of the experiment was to place a small staple on the end of a wire. The question i am stuck on is that i have to explain how you can use the weight of the staple on the current balance to determine the magnetic field in the solenoid (Relate Back to the aim).

this was a question i have in my homework and the only other information we were given was the following results:

Solenoid Loop Current (Amps)................................Current Balance Loop Current (Amps)

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted