Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird and spurious

1. Mar 9, 2006 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Did anyone else receive a huge Private Message about "M-Cubics"?

I didn't start this thread to discuss the "theory", or to discuss the poster, I'm merely interested in whether I have understood what the post is saying.

Am I completely dense, or is the entire post simply defining a (completely arbitrary) coordinate system? It seems to do nothing more than lay out Euclidean space in a 3D grid with units in base 4.

It takes 23 paragraphs to do this (when one would have sufficed), and then in the fourth-to-last paragraph seems to suggest it is unveiling some sort of secrets about the universe.

Que?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2006 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yes, that was my understanding as well - just a coordinate system (one that already exists anyway) with no real discussion of how physics would work inside it, except to assert that time would be the same everywhere.

4. Mar 9, 2006 #3
    No, I didn't get PM'ed with that theory. Even the crackpots don't want to talk to me.

:frown:

5. Mar 9, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

So... this, then?

(Think I'll get tapped for intellectual theft? :rolleyes: )

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?