What is the Meaning Behind the M-Cubics Private Message?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weird
In summary, there was a conversation about a Private Message received about "M-Cubics". The original poster clarified that they were not starting a discussion about the theory, but simply trying to understand it. The post appeared to be defining a coordinate system in base 4, but also hinted at revealing secrets about the universe. However, it was ultimately just a discussion about a coordinate system and did not delve into the workings of physics. The other participants did not receive the PM and joked about being excluded.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Did anyone else receive a huge Private Message about "M-Cubics"?

I didn't start this thread to discuss the "theory", or to discuss the poster, I'm merely interested in whether I have understood what the post is saying.

Am I completely dense, or is the entire post simply defining a (completely arbitrary) coordinate system? It seems to do nothing more than lay out Euclidean space in a 3D grid with units in base 4.

It takes 23 paragraphs to do this (when one would have sufficed), and then in the fourth-to-last paragraph seems to suggest it is unveiling some sort of secrets about the universe.

Que?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, that was my understanding as well - just a coordinate system (one that already exists anyway) with no real discussion of how physics would work inside it, except to assert that time would be the same everywhere.

No, I didn't get PM'ed with that theory. Even the crackpots don't want to talk to me.

:frown:

So... this, then?

(Think I'll get tapped for intellectual theft? :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

What does "weird and spurious" mean?

"Weird and spurious" refers to something that is strange and false or not genuine. It can also refer to something that is unusual or unexpected.

How can something be both weird and spurious?

Something can be described as both weird and spurious if it is unusual or strange in a false or deceptive way. It may seem strange or unusual at first glance, but upon closer examination, it is revealed to be false or not genuine.

What are some examples of "weird and spurious" phenomena?

Examples of "weird and spurious" phenomena include conspiracy theories, urban legends, and pseudoscience. These are all ideas or beliefs that may seem strange or unusual, but lack evidence or credibility.

Why is it important to distinguish between "weird" and "spurious"?

Distinguishing between "weird" and "spurious" is important because it helps us separate fact from fiction and make informed decisions based on evidence. It also helps us avoid falling for false or misleading information.

How can scientists address "weird and spurious" claims?

Scientists can address "weird and spurious" claims by using the scientific method to gather and analyze evidence, and by communicating their findings through peer-reviewed research and publications. They can also engage with the public to educate and promote critical thinking skills.