Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird glass behaviour

1. Sep 16, 2004 #1
    Hi to everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I have been reading por a couple of days without nothing to ask/say but I have just remembered an e-mail that a friend sent me a last week.

In her mail, I don't paste it because it's written in spanish, she wants me to explain, using my physics knowledge(which is not as wide as she believes... :confused: ) something that happened to her.

What she says is that she was holding a glass and it suddenly crashed... it just broke, well she says she had it "on air" but even in spanish it has many meanings.. may be that she was on a plane(she was on holidays when she wrote me the mail) or it was just "flying" from one hand to another...

any ideas? could it have broken in a plane? some presure change?

I have thought about but my physics background doesn't suggest my any explanation... anyway she doesn't explain what happened but it open the doors for multiple interpretations and it can result in a wide range of explanations.

Let's find out what you guys think about it(I hope someone read that...and sorry for all the writing mistakes I have, surely, done...)

Ghiret.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2004 #2
    hmm... Sniper! Are their any outstanding threats against her life?

4. Sep 16, 2004 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very hot hands?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?