Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird Message ?

1. Aug 18, 2004 #1
    Weird Message !?

"Your password is 12648 days old, and has therefore expired"

Ohnoes?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WOW ! PF in the swingin' sixties ??

4. Aug 18, 2004 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It just means that you've never changed your password. The field that contains the date of your last password change is "0," which is 1 Jan 1970 in UNIX. We've decided to have users change their passwords twice a year just to make sure email addresses stay current. You can rest easy, nothing is wrong. :smile:

- Warren

5. Aug 18, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, except I got that message last night as I hit submit reply, and my post vaporized into cyberspace while I was fiddling around resetting my password. :grumpy: Now the world will never know the wonderful pearls of wisdom I had typed out to share last night, and I must say, it was my most eloquent, thoughtful, insightful, revelation of earth-shattering news ever! But you'll just have to take my word for it now. :approve: :biggrin: :tongue2:

6. Aug 18, 2004 #5

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Strange, I got one of those annoying 'chain mail' emails about the same time ... except it was pure gibberish (apart from 'moc.smuroFscisyhP@raebnooM' in the "From:" field) ... I'm sure it was *completely, totally, absolutely* unrelated :wink: :tongue2:

7. Aug 18, 2004 #6
    Ah shoot, sorry moonbear I should have warned everyone first. :frown:

8. Aug 19, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Um...I might have exaggerated just a wee bit about the quality of that zapped post. :rolleyes: :wink:

It was only for the general discussion forum anyway. It's my fault for writing a post so long it took 34 years to compose :eek: :rofl: Probably just my cyber-guardian angel keeping me from embarrassing myself by posting it. :redface:

9. Aug 19, 2004 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hmmph! :grumpy:

(Moonbear knows I love her) :smile:

10. Aug 19, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: I didn't mean to insult Evo :cry: But she knows what I meant (I hope). It wasn't a post that involved tracking down quotes from 6 different references with links to the supporting literature, which would have really frustrated me had I lost something that required so much effort. Then again, I usually compose those posts in textedit first since they are quite involved and include a lot of copying and pasting of things I wouldn't want to lose before completing the message.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?