1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird observation

1. Nov 12, 2011 #1
    i'm using an android smartphone it takes really clear pictures and when u zoom in it shows the picture in great detail and clarity and i'm very pleased with this feature. however, recently i took two pictures and when i tried to zoom in while viewing them they suddenly turned into another picture. it's kind of scary actually, and it happened twice.can someone explain what is happening?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2011 #2
    Some circuit problem that confused the zooming program with the recalling and displaying another picture. Maybe a virus?

4. Nov 14, 2011 #3
    i know i sound stupid here but u mean phones can actually have virus?

5. Nov 14, 2011 #4
    It is most likely a software bug. All complicated softwares have software bugs. You could try to update your software to the newest version, and check for other reports of the same problem.

Yes, at least advanced phones like that can get infected by software viruses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook