1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird Question

  1. Nov 24, 2008 #1
    So, I am thinking about transferring from Georgetown College (KY), where I currently attend, to Washington University in St. Louis. I am actually a junior, but because of my triple major I will have to stay longer than four years wherever I attend. What I am wondering is if there is anyway I could finish my degree at Georgetown for only Philosophy and Math (two of my current majors, those of which I have taken the most classes), and then transfer to WashU, or wherever, and do a physics major (like a year and a half kind of thing or something). Is this something that can be done? Would it be easier to get into somewhere good this way? I know that at WashU you get whatever scholarship that you receive for four years no matter when you get in...this just seems like an interesting to me because I could finish my two foundational majors first, then hit into physics hard, which is kind of what I am doing now since I only have about 12 hours of physics. Any answers would be much appreciated!
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2008 #2
    I'd stick with the school you are in and finish everything there. Being from a small school will not make any difference on getting into grad school.
  4. Nov 24, 2008 #3
    Check to see if your WashU scholarship and/or financial aid is still valid once you have your first bachelor's degree.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook