Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird rain

1. Aug 12, 2008 #1

Gold Member

Driving home this morning the rain was teeming down, we often get teeming rain in periods of drought, but just at the edge of my property it stopped, i could literally take one step from rain to dry, i know a storm has to have boundaries but to be so abrupt was strange.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2008 #2

4. Aug 12, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I experienced that before. I was in town and stepped from summer shower into summer sunshine. It was bizarre.
  5. Aug 12, 2008 #4
    I saw it as a child. Rain on one side of the property and dry on the other.
  6. Aug 12, 2008 #5
    Everytime it rains here it seems like it will be pouring on my head, but I take one step and it stops completely. Of course I am stepping into my house.
  7. Aug 12, 2008 #6
    Once when I lived in Denver, I was standing in a pouring rain shower, with out a cloud in the sky. Seems the rain was on the other side of the mountains, and was up drafted over the mountain range.
  8. Aug 12, 2008 #7

Gold Member

That is a cool effect.
  9. Aug 12, 2008 #8
    Once I was staying in a hotel and it actually rained INSIDE. Turned out though it was just my first experience with a bidet.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?