Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Weird typing thing

  1. Jan 26, 2008 #1
    Hi, I don't know the technical term for this, but you know when you type, the line thing at the end of your text blinks on and off?
    Whenever I'm typing on an internet page (email, search engine, etc), instead of a line that blinks on and off, there are two highlighted (black) spaces, and whenever I go back and press backspace to delete something, two letters (instead of one) are erased.

    It's not a huge problem, but it is very annoying. Any suggestions would be welcome :)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2008 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Press the 'Insert' button on your keyboard.

    - Warren
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook