Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Welcome back huckleberry

1. Sep 21, 2005 #1
    We demand to know where you went!

Welcome back, we missed you :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2005 #2
    Thanks for the greetings. It's good to be back.

Are you sure you really want to know?
  4. Sep 21, 2005 #3
    Welcome Back!!!!!
  5. Sep 21, 2005 #4
    I'm positive I don't want to know, but it's good to see you.
  6. Sep 21, 2005 #5
    You guys can see each other? That's kind of scary....you better not be able to see me..... :grumpy:
  7. Sep 21, 2005 #6
    Wow, thanks hypatia, mattmns and zoobyshoe!

I can see I've been gone too long. I'll be here for a week or two and then I'm moving. Could be a while before I get everything set up again. It will probably take me a week or two to catch up on what I've missed here.

Nice to see you guys again
  8. Sep 21, 2005 #7
    I once ended up moving 6 times in one year, so I sympathize. Hope you get settled soon.
  9. Sep 21, 2005 #8

Gold Member

yay! huck's back!
  10. Sep 21, 2005 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We can, so please, PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON! :eek:

Geez, I'm starting to think some people don't bother to read every post in the Thread Killer thread. :rolleyes: I know I posted there that Huck was okay, but without regular internet access.

I hope all goes well with your move and you get your internet access quickly once there!
  11. Sep 21, 2005 #10
    I have to find out where I'm going to live first. I've been so incredibly lazy lately that I haven't even done that. I might not even bother. Might just pack up my car and go. I like to do things the hard way sometimes. Go figure.

Yes Townsend, we can see you. What a coincidence. I thought I was the only one who liked to sit on my head and say Nanoo Nanoo, Shazbat! Glad to see there is another Mork from Ork fan in the forums. I never did it naked though. You got me beat there.
  12. Sep 21, 2005 #11
    Hey Huck!!
  13. Sep 21, 2005 #12
    Hey Huck nice to meet you!
  14. Sep 21, 2005 #13

Gold Member

WElcome back! :smile:
  15. Sep 22, 2005 #14
    You'll be happy to know I can't see you (I know I'm very happy about that :yuck: :biggrin:).

And like Moonbear said, put your clothes back on, oh and you have a little spot of mustard or something there on your chin. No, not there, more to your left.

Hi Huckleberry. I did read Moonbear's report that you were okay, just without internet. Welcome back.

By the way, did a guy name Louie alias "Louie da Worm", alias "Louie the Loan Shark" come to see you at all? :uhh: (Just curious.)
  16. Sep 22, 2005 #15

Gold Member

Geez, man... welcome back! Missed you lots (although I'm pretty much MIA myself these days). I never saw Moonbear's post, so didn't know what was up.
  17. Sep 22, 2005 #16

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Chucklemerry is back, hooray! :smile:
  18. Sep 22, 2005 #17
    Hi Gale, Lisa!!!!!!!!!, Artman, Danger, Arildno.
    Nice to meet you too Rocketboy.
    No visits from anyone named Louie the Worm or Louie the Loan Shark or any other aliases including Louie Knuckles or Louie the Louie.

As you mentioned, I lost access to the internet from home. The school computer lab was closed for the summer so I couldn't ge there. And I don't know of any internet cafes around here. They wouldn't have enough business here I think. I had to break down and buy a computer of my own.

Then getting it connected to the internet was a pain too. I had to swim in mounds of blown in insulation in an attic with a 3 foot clearance in the summer while trying to snake a wire down two floors down the side of a chimney with less than half an inch clearance at each floor. I had a great time, but my only pair of brand new, never been used, navy overalls have mysteriously dissapeared. :grumpy:

I've been a bit depressed lately. My aunt died from cancer a while back. I think I told everyone that. My sister's father-inlaw died from cancer last week. Another aunt has a brain tumor. I haven't heard if it is cancerous yet or not. She has no health insurance and is working with the state to resolve that. I've never been very close to my family, but I'm upset by all the bad news lately. Is this a stage that middle-aged people go through?
  19. Sep 22, 2005 #18

Staff: Mentor

Unfortunately, yes.

My youngest brother died 5 years ago, next month, at that age of 34.

One of my cousins just lost a daughter (21) to cystic fibrosis, and she and her husband will likely lose the other daughter (24) and son (17) in the next few years.

My wife's best friend just lost her mother to cancer, and one of my wife's aunts is expected to die any day now.

In middle age - one finds that one's friends and family start dying off pretty regularly - and that is life. I have many friends and an fairly large extended family -- and as a consequence, I will have many funerals to attend.
  20. Sep 22, 2005 #19
    I was afraid someone would say that. A few of my friends are also losing family members now too.

I feel for your cousin. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, let alone the potential to lose 3! 21 years just isn't enough time.
  21. Sep 22, 2005 #20

Staff: Mentor

I am sorry if I am too frank, but that's the way it is.

We grieve, and we move on with life.

Twenty-one is too young!

That is one reason I oppose war. It's bad enough to lose the young to illness and accidents, but I refuse to participate in delibrate loss of life.

I wish people would think very hard about supporting war.

I am sorry about what you and your family are going through. It's a bit like being in a storm and waiting to get throught it. Makes one appreciate the sunshine when it does return. :smile:

I didn't mean to hijack the thread - but you asked and I answered honestly, even if too bluntly.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?