Exploring South Carolina: A UFO Welcome Center

In summary, the UFO Welcome Center in South Carolina is a structure built in 1994 by Jody Pendarvis as a tribute to extraterrestrial life. It is 40 feet in diameter and made primarily out of wood and metal scraps. Visitors are welcome to enter and explore the interior, but it is not maintained and may not be safe. While there have been no confirmed UFO sightings at the center, some visitors have reported seeing strange lights in the sky. There is no entrance fee, but donations are accepted for maintenance and upkeep.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
South Carolina is ready for the arrival of extraterrestrial visitors. On my way to Charleston yesterday, I visited the UFO Welcome Center in Bowman:

UFO1.jpg

UFO2.jpg

UFO3.jpg

Nobody was around. Maybe the caretaker was out for lunch? I didn't try to go inside because I might have fallen into a black hole or something. o0)

My destination in Charleston was a model-train show where, coincidentially, I saw this on display:

UFO4.jpg

Attachments

• UFO1.jpg
    UFO1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 840
  • UFO2.jpg
    UFO2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 818
  • UFO3.jpg
    UFO3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 797
  • UFO4.jpg
    UFO4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 446
Likes davenn, DennisN, lomidrevo and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Do they provide any travel guides for potential visitors from space? :-)

Likes Wrichik Basu
jtbell said:
Maybe the caretaker was out for lunch?
Abducted by aliens?

Likes davenn, Stephenk53, DennisN and 3 others

1. What is the UFO Welcome Center in South Carolina?

The UFO Welcome Center is a structure located in Bowman, South Carolina that was built by Jody Pendarvis in 1994. It is a tribute to extraterrestrial life and has become a popular tourist attraction.

2. How big is the UFO Welcome Center?

The center is about 40 feet in diameter and features a two-story structure with a dome-shaped roof. It is made primarily out of wood and metal scraps.

3. Can you enter the UFO Welcome Center?

Yes, visitors are welcome to enter the center and explore the interior. However, it is important to note that the structure is not maintained and may not be safe to enter.

4. Has the UFO Welcome Center attracted any actual UFO sightings?

There have been no confirmed UFO sightings at the center, but some visitors have reported seeing strange lights in the sky while visiting.

5. Is there an entrance fee for the UFO Welcome Center?

No, there is no entrance fee or official tour for the center. However, donations are accepted to help with the maintenance and upkeep of the structure.