Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Welcome to Physician's Forum

1. Feb 15, 2010 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Tonight's episode of Naked Science on the National Geographic Channel.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2010 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about with the thread title, then I got to the last line. :rofl: It's better than calling him a psychic at least. :wink:

4. Feb 15, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...noted astrologers and cosmetologists, as well.

5. Feb 15, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: I remember when I was young, eons ago, I mentioned to someone that I was interested in cosmology. Their reply, "Oh, my sister is a hairdresser!".

6. Feb 15, 2010 #5
    i think physicians were actually called physics, once.

7. Feb 15, 2010 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ah I was going to join you guys in a hearty laughter there, but then I caught myself in some snobbism moment and realized.. we are laughing at people's mistakes, stupidity, or just ignorance in most cases. Which brings me to my other point, and that is.. I'm not sure we get to laugh at it at all

8. Feb 15, 2010 #7

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

I see 'skills, crafts and trades' ads for cosmetologists and nail technicians frequently. Words don't mean much anymore. Karl Popper hinted around this in the first few pages of The Logic of Scientific Discovery. My notes from the page,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook