Welcome to Zenmaster99

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
See, Zz, I told you he'd pass the Disney test. Of course, ZM (what's with you folks at Argonne choosing nicknames starting with Z?), you may not yet realize the depths of this obsession. :biggrin: Have you seen the Disney Thread yet?! :bugeye: :rofl: Just trying to brace you.
Hum... I may be at the experimental floor on Tuesday.... or in a meeting (my life seems to fluctuate between those two lately). Damn! I'll miss the It's A Small World tune!

:rofl:

Zz.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
brewnog, what kind of fish was that?
A frozen one! Mwhahahaha!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Alas, cooked spinach and broccoli are rather near brussel sprouts and salmon sushi---but, as a friend of mine once said: "It's a good thing I don't like broccoli because, if I did, I'd eat it; and god knows I hate the stuff."
Try broccoli with a good cheese sauce. :tongue2:

Astronuc, not only am I associating with a (pretty personable) biologist and posting prose to physics phorums, but I'm also actively persuing pernicious phiber pbundles. ;-)
Phar out! Sounds like phun.

brewnog said:
A frozen one!
Umm, could you be more specific? Are we talking about 0°C or more along the lines of cryogenic - as in liquid N, H or He? I mean we need to be precise here in order to maintain the standards at PF.

I noticed that Evo and MIH have initiated the full seafood buffet treatment, . . . er um, I mean welcome. Whose got the snapper, and where did we put that lutefisk?

Last edited:
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Umm, could you be more specific? Are we talking about 0°C or more along the lines of cryogenic - as in liquid N, H or He? I mean we need to be precise here in order to maintain the standards at PF.
It was a sea bass. And it had been left out overnight in my yard. Patio. Garden. So probably just below freezing.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Welcome welcome...........*Whacks Zen with a dolphin*........wait......a dolphin isn't a fish......I'm bad at this.......

So, of course, I have to ask: whence the fish slapping? Is this the old mIRC funnybutton come back to haunt me (now that I've graduated to XChat and IRSSI ;-)

Astronuc: I will find some cheese, I will find some broccoli, and I will ship them both to you. :) It would appear that Bush Sr. and I have *one* thing in common....

ZM

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
So, of course, I have to ask: whence the fish slapping?
You've heard of baptism by fryer?

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Much thanks *bows*

I'll try not to be too dopey. But if someone can illuminate how my polehode rolls around on my herpolhode in the invariable plane, I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Or something.
Now that is a Wimpy introduction. :biggrin:

Welcome to the forums.

Evo
Mentor
So, of course, I have to ask: whence the fish slapping?ZM
It's something I started a long time ago. Actually, I started offering fish to newcomers, then someone else started hitting them with the fish. (I think), no telling what I'm responsible for, I could have been the first fish whacker. It is now a tradition. :smile:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You've heard of baptism by fryer?
Now that is a Wimpy introduction. :biggrin:

Welcome to the forums.
Ooh, a double groaner! :rofl:

Where's Tsu? I think he needs to meet the entire sisterhood.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
She's in lock-up again. [work]

Tsu
Gold Member
Welcome, ZM99!!!111 :biggrin:

Hold still, again.

<THWACK>

We ate the last of the fish in the freezer, but now you have some broccoli. :rofl: :biggrin: (Ivan and I ALWAYS have broccoli. We hand it out at Halloween.)

Since you're a (WHAT ARE YOU?? NUTS?!?!?!?111 :rofl: ) friend of Moonbear's, we'll save you a real special seat on the Turbo RV. :wink: Just bring enough Martini's for all of us on the next trip. Ya? :biggrin:

Just so you can tell me from the rest of the Sisterhood, I'm the Sister with the petite size 7 shoe. :biggrin:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tsu! It's good to see your fuzzy face around here again! Glad they let you escape captivity long enough to post. Thank goodness I've already warned him I'm nuts, or else he might be starting to worry by now. :biggrin: He still might be worrying that everyone is confirming it.

Let's see, would that special seat on the Turbo RV be back where the shackles...um, er, I mean where that nifty metal sculpture is? :devil:

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Tsu! It's good to see your fuzzy face around here again! Glad they let you escape captivity long enough to post. Thank goodness I've already warned him I'm nuts, or else he might be starting to worry by now. :biggrin: He still might be worrying that everyone is confirming it.
Don't forget to tell him about your Chip 'N Dale obsession!!

Oops! Did I just let the cat out of the bag?

o:)

Zz.

I wonder if Zenmaster99 is as confused as I am right now.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wonder if Zenmaster99 is as confused as I am right now.
Nah, he's even more confused...confused enough to hang out with me. :rofl:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just so you can tell me from the rest of the Sisterhood, I'm the Sister with the petite size 7 shoe. :biggrin:
Ahh.. Sister Smallfoot makes an appearance at last. Long time no see, sis! Hey, isn't it almost the time of year for fawns and baby skunks to start showing up at your place?

Evo
Mentor
Ahh.. Sister Smallfoot makes an appearance at last. Long time no see, sis! Hey, isn't it almost the time of year for fawns and baby skunks to start showing up at your place?
Don't forget the turkeys!

TSU, we need you back here!!! I miss you!!! :cry:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think he needs to meet the entire sisterhood.
I have a picture from our last little get-together:
http://barista.media2.org/wp-content/nuns.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Walnuts vs. peanuts

I am so glad I've found my fellow nuts. :rofl:

Tsu: Yes. :surprised
Moonbear: As long as they're fur-lined.... o:)
Zapper: So I should learn to speak in a high voice? :wink:
SticksnStones: Hi! Welcome to my world. I'd offer you a seat, but they all seem to have morphed into neutral penguins. :tongue2:
Math Is Hard: Wow! Are any of those bolt-action? :bugeye:

ZM---wondering where to get a habbit (and what ruler is fashionable amongst the modern nun these days?)

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
ZM---wondering where to get a habit (and what ruler is fashionable amongst the modern nun these days?)
Warning - collusion or other fraternization (or is that sororitization?) with the members of the PF sisterhood can be habit forming. :biggrin:

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I don't know if ZM is nuts, but he certainly has a very strong constitution. He didn't turn into a pillar of salt after seeing my Disney office in person.

:)

Zz.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ZM---wondering where to get a habbit (and what ruler is fashionable amongst the modern nun these days?)
We're very modern nuns and have long since given up rulers. We prefer laser pointers...just ours are customized to be a bit more powerful than those store-bought ones. :devil:

I don't know if ZM is nuts, but he certainly has a very strong constitution. He didn't turn into a pillar of salt after seeing my Disney office in person.
Hmmm...trying to figure out if that's a good or bad sign. :rofl: See, and you thought he wouldn't pass the Disney test. Did he sing It's a Small World for you? :biggrin:

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Hmmm...trying to figure out if that's a good or bad sign. :rofl: See, and you thought he wouldn't pass the Disney test. Did he sing It's a Small World for you? :biggrin:
Nope, he didn't. In his defense, there was somebody else also who got in to see my office (she was utterly shocked!) :)

Zz.