Well just blow my freaking brains out

• Thread starter slugcountry
  • Start date
In summary, the discovery of Turkana Boy, one of the oldest relics of prehistoric humans, has sparked controversy in Kenya as its first public display is met with opposition from the evangelical Christian movement. This is not an isolated incident, as similar clashes between science and religion have occurred in other countries such as Uganda, where a fundamentalist church has caused harm to the community by spreading false beliefs and recruiting followers.
slugcountry
"AIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- Deep in the dusty, unlit corridors of Kenya's national museum, locked away in a plain-looking cabinet, is one of mankind's oldest relics: Turkana Boy, as he is known, the most complete skeleton of a prehistoric human ever found.

But his first public display later this year is at the heart of a growing storm -- one pitting scientists against Kenya's powerful and popular evangelical Christian movement."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/02/06/kenya.fossildebate.ap/index.html

Give me a bloody break man - I can just imagine these peoples' reasoning: "If there's no exhibit, there's no proof to contradict us!"

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
slugcountry said:
"AIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- Deep in the dusty, unlit corridors of Kenya's national museum, locked away in a plain-looking cabinet, is one of mankind's oldest relics: Turkana Boy, as he is known, the most complete skeleton of a prehistoric human ever found.

But his first public display later this year is at the heart of a growing storm -- one pitting scientists against Kenya's powerful and popular evangelical Christian movement."http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/02/06/kenya.fossildebate.ap/index.html

Give me a bloody break man - I can just imagine these peoples' reasoning: "If there's no exhibit, there's no proof to contradict us!"

:cry:
If you think that's bad try Uganda where the Church of the Revelation has insiduously worked it's way into their system in the face of the Catholics. The Lords Resistance army a fundementalist ideoloigcal group is responsible for kidnappings(usually young females, rape, extortion, torture and killings) And you thought Christianity never spawned terrorism, think again.

http://www.privacyinternational.org/article.shtml?cmd%5B347%5D=x-347-359656

From late 1997 to 1999 Uganda experienced a wave of terrorism characterised by bomb throwings in pubs, taxi parks, markets and other public places. The bombs, which government blamed on a dissident group with bases in Congo known as the Allied Democratic Front (ADF), killed over 50 people and injured over 160. Security agencies, which were apparently caught by surprise by the bomb attacks, responded by incarcerating persons suspected of terrorism in illegal detention places known as ‘safe houses’[1]. The other group which Uganda labels a terrorist organisation is the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), which has waged a brutal campaign against government in northern Uganda since 1988. The LRA, which claims it wants to rule the country along the Biblical Ten Commandments, has mainly targeted civilians. Following the September 11 2001 attacks in the US, the American government placed both the LRA and the ADF on its list of terrorist organisations.

If that isn't bad enough the US backed Church of the Revelation has recruited thousands of followers, preaching that we are in the final days and that judgement day will follow soon, in a country wracked with AIDS and struggling to pull itself together, 1 in 5 children are taken out of school as they see no point as soon the rapture is going to happen anyway, so what need education? People don't wear condoms because obviously it doesn't matter if they get AIDS or not. Now this is the damage a fundementalist church can do. And all because they believe judgement day won't come until christianity has spread to all countries, so let's hurry it along a bit :rolleyes: go with the Catholic view, it already happened Nero was the Antichrist, we're now in the last days, the last thousand years. Oh no wait a minute :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What does the phrase "well just blow my freaking brains out" mean?

The phrase is typically used as an expression of frustration or exasperation, similar to saying "well, I give up" or "just shoot me now". It is not meant to be taken literally.

2. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional or formal setting?

No, the phrase is considered informal and may be seen as unprofessional or inappropriate in certain settings.

3. Where did this phrase originate from?

The exact origin of the phrase is unclear, but it has been used in popular culture, such as in movies and TV shows, for many years.

4. Can this phrase be considered offensive or trigger warning for those dealing with mental health issues?

Some people may find the phrase offensive or upsetting, especially those who have experienced or know someone who has experienced suicide or self-harm. It is important to be mindful of others' feelings when using this phrase.

5. Is there a more appropriate or less offensive alternative to this phrase?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used instead, such as "I'm at my wit's end" or "I'm about to lose my mind". It is always important to consider the impact of our words on others and choose our language carefully.

Back