We're back, and I have news!

• Thread starter Kalimaa23
  • Start date
Alright! PF is back online. I've missed it alot the last few days, not in the least because I have new to share : I've handed in my Master's thesis!

After living like a hermit the last few weeks finishing it, I can finally step into the sun (or rain, as the Belgian weather would have it) again and enjoy the fresh (if somewhat damp) air.

Now all that's left is the defence in a few weeks! :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations on finishing the write-up, and good luck with the defence!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Congratulations Dimitri!

Now relax in preparation for your defense.

Best wishes for a successful defense!

Yes good luck!, Feriens Tego.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats!!!! The worst is now over. The defense is easy to prepare once you've done all the writing.

Ah, the 18th has come and gone by.

Good luck!

Dimitri Terryn said:
Alright! PF is back online. I've missed it alot the last few days, not in the least because I have new to share : I've handed in my Master's thesis!

After living like a hermit the last few weeks finishing it, I can finally step into the sun (or rain, as the Belgian weather would have it) again and enjoy the fresh (if somewhat damp) air.

Now all that's left is the defence in a few weeks! :biggrin:
good luck man, i am sure you'll do a great job for the defense...

Grootste onderscheiding toch huh...:wink:

marlon

marlon said:
good luck man, i am sure you'll do a great job for the defense...

Grootste onderscheiding toch huh...:wink:

marlon

[Dutch]
Dat zit erin, zit nu met een gemiddelde van 17.85, dus als mijn paar examens die ik nog moet doen in 2e zit deftig zijn en de thesis goed is...
[/Dutch]

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm not worried about the defense. I know the committee members well and I've been told that I am a good public speaker. The worst is now indeed over.

Awesome! Congrats!

Danger
Gold Member
If your radio appearance a few months ago was a proper indicator, you should have no problem at all with the verbal aspect of it. Congrats.

Danger said:
If your radio appearance a few months ago was a proper indicator, you should have no problem at all with the verbal aspect of it. Congrats.

And this time I will have had enough sleep and I won't be hung over! Presumably...

Lisa!
Gold Member
Congrats!!!!!!!

marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Bravo, Dimitri!

Do you get the same promoter/advisor for PhD thesis?
Have you lined up anyone new or gotten notions about topic?
Just curious. Maybe it is too early.

A friend of mine who is now postdoc here in US recently flew back to Finnland to do his PhD Defense, which turned out to be a big formal occasion, where everybody had good manners like it was 1906 and he
wore black tie with TAILS on the tuxedo. They really are upholding the tradition.

maybe in Belgium it is possible to defend the Masters in blue jeans. We of course do not know.
anyway many congratulations and I wish you a good new research topic.

The PhD remains to be seen. I'll be able to tell you more in a month or so.

The Ma defense will be done in casual clothing, but my style is rather classical so that doesn't matter much. The PhD in my university is done without much ceremony, it could be different in other universities though.