Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Were President and Mrs. Bush poisoned?

1. Apr 28, 2010 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hjil1CFFKxexSRXjq43eNMTS8p1g [Broken]

Is the former first lady paranoid, or is there something to this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2010 #2
    Could have been food poisoning?

4. Apr 28, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Book sales?

5. Apr 28, 2010 #4

DavidSnider

Gold Member

I doubt she made up a story about food poisoning for book sales.... She killed a person.

6. Apr 28, 2010 #5
    Dingdingding, we have a winner!

7. Apr 28, 2010 #6
    Oh my, she wrote about a story that is in her book, and is promoting her book by talking about it.

Jack and Ivan you guys need to go on Jeopardy or something. You two are geniuses.

8. Apr 29, 2010 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I have never traced too precisely American politics, but now and then when I have seen/heard Bush statements I have thought he was intoxicated.

9. Apr 29, 2010 #8
    How about providing more details. What did they eat? Who served the food? What was the virus, E coli? What was the conclusion of the investigation?

Or does one have to get the book to find out?

10. Apr 29, 2010 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, that might explain that whole Iraq thingy :tongue2:.

I heard the Secret Service couldn't find any evidence of poison and concluded it was a virus. I think if it looks like a virus, walks like a virus, quacks like a virus...it's likely a virus.

I've had food poisoning and it sure makes you feel like someone is trying to kill you.

11. Apr 29, 2010 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

His Secretary of Defense was Rummy. No doubt about that.

12. Apr 29, 2010 #11

turbo

Gold Member

The hotel that the Bush contingent stayed at has angrily denied that the President and First Lady were poisoned. And Bush's own security people determined that a virus was likely at fault. Book sales...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100429/en_afp/germanyusbookpoliticspeoplebush;_ylt=Anfd8sEJ_5KNY3Dj0Hjfb12s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQ0OXQwbjM4BGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDEwMDQyOS9nZXJtYW55dXNib29rcG9saXRpY3NwZW9wbGVidXNoBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDOQRwb3MDNgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2dlcm1hbmhvdGVsaA-- [Broken]

13. Apr 29, 2010 #12
    Dude, book sales!!!! Oh wait, is the whole point of writing a book not to get book sales? Is the whole point of writing an autobiography not to share stories, thoughts and opinions of things that happened throughought your life? Plus, from what I read in the article, she just says "the secret service investigated our illness to determine if we were poisoned" not "I am sure we were poisoned at the G8".

People can put a negative spin on anything, especially when it comes to the Bushs.

14. May 3, 2010 #13
    Yeah, it's a vast right wing conspiracy. :eek:

15. May 5, 2010 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

- Jenna Bush
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/05/03/jenna.bush.outs.mom.rastafarian.ppl/ [Broken]

Well, I think we have our answer! :biggrin:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook