Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What a week

1. May 16, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Nearly every machine in the factory decides to self destruct on my watch, i loose my Internet
    connection for no apparent reason, there is a pool of water in the kitchen because my fridge decided to switch its self off, and all the stuff inside looks perished.
    All in all a good day as no one died, but before my watch, my boss caught his finger in a freezer door he and others were repairing, his finger is crushed and may have to come off, several people had warnings for not doing their jobs correctly, some are on their final warning, and a operator, the second to do this, disconnected a hose and stuck his finger into an active pump
    and lost the tip off of it, oh and the new owners of the group have imposed impossible constraints on bug counts and machine serviceability, all in all an average week in my life.

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2008 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Please tell me at least that the ***** who washed the bearings got sacked...

4. May 16, 2008 #3
    I am glad it wasen't worse. Hope your weekend is much nicer.
    I went back to work midweek, after being off for nearly 3 weeks. The stack of paper work was this high{points to chin}. The list of voice mail{all the people waiting for this paperwork} was just endless. Its going to take me forever to catch up.:cry:

5. May 16, 2008 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear the follow-up on that one too.

6. May 16, 2008 #5

wolram

Gold Member

No action, the operative was following guide lines, how the hell one defines sanity from reality is just so blurred, i mean would you wash your car engine every day and expect it to last?

7. May 16, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

W would probably try, if she knew how to open the hood (that's bonnet to you).

8. May 16, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

You guys are so confusing, i thought the hood was were you live.

9. May 16, 2008 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*pours wolly a pina colada and mango sorbet frozen drink*

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?