1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What after serway?

1. Jul 27, 2011 #1
    I have studied the physics content in serway , and ofcourse thats only the most basics of physics, but there are many directions and many theories that i have to study, so i would like you to tell me in what direction i should go to continue studying physics, rather than just opening Wikipedia and searching for theories, as these theories are based on others and also because as in serway i was seeing also the order of time of these theories with a summary of its discoverers, so any suggestions to do or a reference of books to move on with after serway ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Go whichever way you want. And I don't understand what you mean by: "as these theories are based on others"
    All of science builds on previous science, so I don't know what you meant by that.

4. Jul 27, 2011 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Well, maybe you can read some classical mechanics text? Like "classical mechanics" by Taylor?

Or perhaps you're ready for the Feynman lectures?

5. Jul 27, 2011 #4
    I would recommend both of those very highly. Also, if you're looking for modern physics, check out Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Thornton & Rex. You really can't go wrong with any of these, depending on the direction you're interested. Serway should be enough background for any of them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook