What am I missing? Don't say a word, Evo.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
I'm not asking for a list of things I'm missing. I have something specific in mind this time.
I was watching TMZ and they had some picture of a star coming out of a store and you could see a package of stool softener in her bag. they all said "hee hee, we know what that's for" Then once I saw a picture of someone else (B. Spears) buying about 10 boxes of it. What am I missing? What is the secret use of stool softener that I don't know about? I thought it was used for softening stool.

Answers and Replies

I found this on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stool_softener" [Broken]

Eating disorders
Laxatives are often used by people with an eating disorder. In many cases of bulimia nervosa the patient will abuse laxatives in an attempt to purge themselves of food in the intestines before it becomes digested. Frequently, patients with eating disorders had chronic digestive problems in childhood and found laxatives an effective treatment. The laxative use later may substitute of more appropriate treatment such as a better diet. Treatment of patients with eating disorders and gastrointestinal illnesses can be challenging.
Could that be it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly what NeoDevin suggested...Can't think of much else...wait...no, not getting into that one.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
What is the secret use of stool softener that I don't know about? I thought it was used for softening stool.
A stool softener like Colace is also appropriate for ear wax softening and removal by flushing after break-up. But that only takes a couple of drops an ear. Not 10 bottles.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I also think that the hosts were trying to imply that the celebrity was bulimic. Not something to be joking about, if you ask me, but still..

Evo
Mentor
Can't think of much else...wait...no, not getting into that one.
:surprised binzing, you are waaay too young to know about that!

:surprised binzing, you are waaay too young to know about that!
Boys will be boys.....

Lolz...ha ha...and you know I'm thinking of this particular use how?

Stool softener is not a laxative. It is uhh ... a stool softener. It is mostly mineral oil.