What are balance input impedence

In summary, the OP is trying to determine if resistance may have caused an error in the magnitude of the output voltage.
dhool3053
lm doing an assignment regarding resistance may caused an error in the magnitude of the output voltage.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can't possibly expect a productive reply based on a post like yours can you?

input impedance refers to an impedance value designed or set to result in a desired transfer of voltage or current to one device/circuit from another source.

For instance, in audio circuits 'good' input impedance usually means that as seen from the terminals where another output device is to be hooked up to it, the effective resistance of the input circuit of a device is 100 or more times the internal resistance seen backward at the output terminals of the source device. This ensures that little current flows, but maximum voltage transfer is achieved between the source and input of the next device.

In power circuits, the ideal impedance is based upon maximum power transfer or maximum efficiency of power transfer, *NOT* maximum voltage. Here quality of the signal is not important but direct transfer of energy is the key idea. So here, you might find that the internal impedance of the input circuit is only a bit higher than the output terminal internal resistance.

In RF (radio frequency) circuits again the goal is slightly different. Impedance must be exactly matched between source and sink so that there is no residual reflection or waste of power or loss of signal.

Balance usually refers to equality of power or centralized perceived direction of sound in a stereo or quadraphonic (or 5 way) speaker system. It results from roughly matching the overall power output from each speaker so that a stereo image is maintained and the sound is evenly distributed to the listening area and results in a realistic illusion of the original sound-stage.

Last edited:
Averagesupernova said:
You can't possibly expect a productive reply based on a post like yours can you?
You have a point: my response was productive, but will it be understood by someone who can't string a sentence together?

Nam_Sapper said:
You have a point: my response was productive, but will it be understood by someone who can't string a sentence together?
Nice writeup Nam. The OP's use of the word "balance" confused me, so I waited to try to reply. I couldn't tell if he meant balanced versus unbalanced transmission lines, or matched impedances or whatever. (I didn't even think of the audio multi-channel balance angle...) Hopefully your answer helps him.

What is balance input impedance?

Balance input impedance refers to the resistance that is presented to a balanced input signal. This impedance typically consists of two resistors in series, with one connected to the non-inverting input and the other connected to the inverting input. It is an important factor in maintaining signal integrity and minimizing noise in electronic circuits.

Why is balance input impedance important?

Balance input impedance is important because it helps to ensure that the input signal is accurately represented at the output. A high input impedance allows for a larger range of input signals to be accommodated, while a low input impedance can lead to distortion and signal loss. Additionally, balance input impedance helps to reject common-mode noise, which can improve signal quality.

How does balance input impedance affect circuit performance?

The balance input impedance of a circuit can affect its performance in several ways. A low input impedance can cause signal distortion and loss, while a high input impedance can lead to noise and instability. Additionally, the balance input impedance of a circuit can impact its frequency response and the amount of power that can be delivered to the load.

What is the difference between balance input impedance and single-ended input impedance?

The main difference between balance input impedance and single-ended input impedance is that balance input impedance uses two input signals, while single-ended input impedance uses only one. This allows balance input impedance to reject common-mode noise and provide a more accurate representation of the input signal. Single-ended input impedance is more prone to noise and may require additional filtering to achieve the same level of signal integrity.

How is balance input impedance measured?

Balance input impedance is typically measured using a multimeter or an oscilloscope. The input signal is applied to the circuit, and the voltage and current at the input are measured. The input impedance can then be calculated using Ohm's law (Z = V/I). It is important to note that the balance input impedance may vary depending on the frequency of the input signal, so multiple measurements may be necessary for accurate results.