Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace What are everyones thoughts on UAVs?

1. Jun 25, 2004 #1
    I recently graduated with my Physics degree and am now employed by a company that designs and manufactures unmanned aerial vehicles.

I was just curious as to what some of you thought about the whole idea. Some of our vehicles are posted on our internet site incase you want more information about them. Both the Tern and the Evolution (my favorites) have a video link at the bottom of the information page.

I guess thats it for now, just wanted to see if there would be a vivid discussion about UAVs if I posted something about them.

www.bai.aero

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2004 #2
    ummmmmm

Don't all respond at once.

4. Jun 28, 2004 #3
    UAV's are l337, there is nothing cooler than having a robot spy or attack an enemy.

5. Jul 1, 2004 #4
    i know. from some of the stories that i hear, the information that troops are getting from the UAV's is really saving their lives. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

6. Jul 1, 2004 #5
    As a former grunt(8 years USMC), I think they are great tools in theory.

How they are organized into the force structure is another issue(badly imo) :)

Good luck at your job.

7. Jul 6, 2004 #6
    Thank you. We are still overcomming obstacles, but all in all things are getting better, and we are getting better feedback from the field.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?