1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are my options for graduate school?

1. Jul 14, 2009 #1
    I'm a final year computer engineering student in India. I want to pursue a master's degree in the USA in the same or a related field.

I just took the GRE (today). I scored 1600. I haven't got my analytical writing scores yet, of course, but I expect they'll be reasonably decent. I'll alse be taking the subject GRE in November, and I expect I'll do well enough for it not be be a problem. Letters of recommendation and the statement of purpose won't be a problem, either. Even the project work won't be a problem - I'm currently working on a systems-level project for the second most powerful supercomputer in the country.

The only cause for concern is my academic record - it isn't exactly what you would call stellar. How far will these other things go towards compensating for that? Or is it something for which it is not possible to compensate? Do I have a shot at getting into any of the two ten or twenty institutions with funding/assistance? (I can't afford the whole thing on its own.)

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted