1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are some good UK universities for physics/theoretical physics/physics and maths?

1. Sep 27, 2014 #1
    So far my favourites are:
    - Oxford (Physics)
    - Lancaster (Theoretical Physics with Mathematics)
    - Bath (Physics and Mathematics)

I have two remaining choices, and I'm not sure where would be best. I was considering York (Maths & Physics) as one, but I'm not sure if it is ranked well.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2014 #2

pasmith

Homework Helper

Bristol. Also Cambridge, but you can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge in the same year.

4. Sep 27, 2014 #3
  5. Sep 28, 2014 #4
    Yeah, Bristol might be good. Do you think the Maths & Physics or Theoretical Physics course is better?
    Cambridge would be great, but seeing as I'd have to do Physics, Maths and CompSci, I'd have to do STEP. I'll take Oxford!

Yeah, Manchester would probably be good. The entry requirements are high though, damn Brian Cox! If I went for Manchester I couldn't put it as my insurance; in the likely scenario that I don't get into Oxford, Lancaster will probably be my first choice. Do you think that's a good idea?
    Is York a good choice, too?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook