What are structures of big data?

In summary, the conversation discusses the 3 V's of big data, specifically focusing on variety. Variety refers to the different formats, sources, and structures of data. While the formats and sources may be more straightforward, the structure of data refers to how the data is organized and related to one another. This can include things like hierarchy, storage, and relationships within a database.
I am learning about 3 V's of big data. I am learning about variety at the moment. They say variety represents variety of formats, data sources and structures. I understand format might be txt, audio, video files etc. Sources might be different sources of data. But what is structures of data?

Technology news on Phys.org
Can someone explain this to me?The structure of data refers to how the data is organized. It can include things like the hierarchy of the data, the way it is stored, and any relationships between the different pieces of data. For example, let's say you had a list of customers, each with their own address, phone number, etc. The structure of the data would be how these pieces of information are related to one another and how they are structured within the database.

What are structures of big data?

Big data refers to large and complex data sets that cannot be easily managed or processed using traditional data processing methods. The structures of big data typically include the volume, velocity, variety, and veracity of the data.

What is data volume in big data?

Data volume refers to the sheer amount of data that is being generated and collected. With the rise of digital technologies, data volume has grown exponentially, and big data structures are designed to handle this large amount of data.

What is data velocity in big data?

Data velocity refers to the speed at which data is being generated and processed. With the increase in real-time data sources such as social media and IoT devices, big data structures are designed to handle this fast-paced flow of data.

What is data variety in big data?

Data variety refers to the different types and formats of data that are being collected. Big data structures are designed to handle both structured and unstructured data, including text, images, videos, and audio files.

What is data veracity in big data?

Data veracity refers to the reliability and accuracy of the data being collected. With the increase in data sources and the potential for errors or biases in data, big data structures incorporate techniques such as data cleaning and data validation to ensure data veracity.

Suggested for: What are structures of big data?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views