Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are the blue labels?

1. May 19, 2009 #1

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have just noticed little blue labels alongside certain pasts and when you click on them you get some keywords. I can see words that look to me equally key that have no labels. If this is because the list is not complete, then when it is most posts will have a label so then there would be little point in it.

What is the idea or criterion? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2009 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Those are posts that people have added tags to. You can add tags to posts too, if you think they are worth making more searchable with keywords. Just scroll down a little and look for the box that says tags and then to the right it says "edit tags." You can click that and add some.

4. May 20, 2009 #3

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thank you.
    Gosh, has that always been there? I only noticed them yesterday. :blushing: Well it is quite a pale blue.

I did a tag search for something that is not there and got something called a 'tag cloud'. :blushing: What's a tag cloud?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook