1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are the Opportunities?

1. Aug 25, 2008 #1
    What are the Opportunities??

Im currently pursuing a dual degree of MSc Physics+Chemical Engineer.I would like to know what are fields i can enter in my future which have applications of both to a good extent.Also i would like to know the kind of jobs/companies which require knowledge of these two fields.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Re: What are the Opportunities??

I've never heard of a "dual" M.Sc. before. Do you mean that you're M.Sc. is in physics, but crosses over into chemical engineering? Or vice versa? Or do you mean that you're pursuing a B.Sc in chem eng and hoping to get into a physics M.Sc. program?

Either way, I suppose it doesn't matter. I would assume that there would be lots of opportunities for someone with such a background: especially in areas like physical chemisty and materials science. What does your thesis project involve?
  4. Aug 25, 2008 #3
    Re: What are the Opportunities??

thanks Choppy tht u visited my query.And yeah i shud have been more clearer abt the the dual degree, one of the two degrees of my dual degree is
    MSc Physics and the other is Chemical Engg.The subjects i will be doin all the subjects of a MSc Physics degree and all the subjects of a chemical engg degree.5 years is the duration of this degree.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?