What Are the Requirements for Part B?

• Thread starter Logistics
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about heat transfer through conduction and the formula for calculating heat current using the variables Q/t, dT, K, A, and x. The question in Part B is asking for the calculation of heat current using these variables.
Logistics
Could someone tell me what I'm supposed to do for part B please. I don't know what the question is asking :(

http://people.mail2me.com.au/~benogorancic/que.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This question is with regards to the heat transfer through conduction.

Heat Current means Total heat energy liberated per second.

Go for the formula:

Q/t=dTKA/x

Where Q/t=heat current

dT=difference in temeperatures on both side of the walls(140 in the question)

K=Thermal conductivity=0.04 (given)

A=Area of the cross section

x=length of the cross section

Thanks I got the answer, I just needed to understand what PartB was asking

Related to What Are the Requirements for Part B?

1. What does it mean when someone says "not sure what the question is asking"?

When someone says "not sure what the question is asking", it means they do not fully understand the question being posed to them. This could be due to unclear wording or unfamiliar terminology.

2. How do you respond to a question if you are not sure what it is asking?

If you are not sure what a question is asking, it is best to ask for clarification. You can politely say something like, "I apologize, could you clarify what you mean by that question?" This will help ensure you understand the question and can provide an accurate response.

3. Can "not sure what the question is asking" be a valid response?

Yes, "not sure what the question is asking" can be a valid response if you truly do not understand the question. However, it is always best to try and clarify the question or provide a more detailed response if possible.

4. Is it common for people to not understand what a question is asking?

Yes, it is not uncommon for people to not fully understand a question. This can be due to a variety of reasons such as language barriers, unfamiliarity with the topic, or confusing wording. It is important to always ask for clarification if needed.

5. How can you improve your understanding of a question if you are not sure what it is asking?

One way to improve your understanding of a question is to break it down into smaller parts and try to identify the main point or purpose of the question. You can also do some research on any unfamiliar terms or concepts mentioned in the question. Additionally, asking for clarification from the person asking the question can also help improve your understanding.