Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are you doing in your parallel universes?

1. Mar 17, 2005 #1

SOS2008

Gold Member

Though I don't really know if there are parallel universes, I can't help but wonder about the theory. And since I can only wonder, I thought I'd start the ball rolling (hopefully other people can speculate much better than I do).

· In the first universe, I live a life very similar to Barbie’s with a mansion, the car, clothes, and yes, Ken!

· In universe two, all the vibrations of all the strings produce…the brown note.

· In the fourth universe, I write greeting cards for the demented, which are not very popular, but it allows me to eek out a living in my “van down by the river.”

· In universe three, it is known that black matter consists of all stupid thoughts of all life throughout all time, and it’s decided not to mess with it.

· In universe five, I am an inventor. For example I invent a mealy substance intended to be dog food, but the product becomes a favorite for humans called Spam.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

“van down by the river.”

:rofl: A favorite of ours...

[machine gun fire is heard]
    "Whoops, it appears that Claudine Longet has accidently shot another skier..."

4. Mar 17, 2005 #3

Danger

Gold Member

I have yet to figure out what the hell I'm doing in this one. :confused:

5. Mar 17, 2005 #4
    In other universes I think I'm trying to learn about what I would be doing in other universes.

6. Mar 18, 2005 #5
    In a parallel universe, I gave up doing physics and am now a famous actor.

7. Mar 18, 2005 #6
    This thread has been moved due to its high number of speculative posts, which are not welcome on this site. Please refrain from posting personal theories on this site.

8. Mar 18, 2005 #7
    just kidding :)

9. Mar 18, 2005 #8

SOS2008

Gold Member

Interesting...we have different talents and interests, and depending on what opportunities and/or choices we make at different times our lives could be very different.

If I died in one universe, do I die in all the other universes too? Or is there reincarnation in some way? I've always wondered why we experience de-ja-vu... (Or maybe I've just read a little too many Stephen King novels...you know, being able to travel back and forth between parallel universes...now that would be freaky. :bugeye: )

10. Mar 18, 2005 #9
    I just killed all my parallel selves and became the all powerful.
    Muhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! :devil:
    and took out a video and am watching JetLis the One right now :rofl:

11. Mar 18, 2005 #10
    there can be only one

12. Mar 18, 2005 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I became the thread-killer-champion-thread-killer..:smile:

13. Mar 18, 2005 #12
    good luck on become this universe's thread kiler champion thread killer

14. Mar 18, 2005 #13
    Let's see Im probably thinking about what I am doing in the other parallel universes.

15. Mar 18, 2005 #14

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Wreaking havoc, breaking all the known physical laws and then some, ensuring justice and tranquility, and staying one step ahead of the authorities. :biggrin:

16. Mar 18, 2005 #15

SOS2008

Gold Member

Now that sounds great!

17. Mar 18, 2005 #16

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Just like the good ol' days. :biggrin:

18. Mar 18, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I suspect that in an alternate universe I'm getting lots and lots of sleep.

*Hey, alternate universe Moonbear, share some of that sleep!!*

19. Mar 19, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Sleep? I've heard of the word. Please explain. :zzz:

20. Mar 19, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm really not sure how to explain it. The concept is a bit fuzzy for me, but I've seen other people doing it. :tongue2:

21. Mar 19, 2005 #20

SOS2008

Gold Member

In thinking about the concept of being able to move from one parallel universe to another, it made me think how I would like to clone myself so I could sleep while my other selves had to do all the work I don't want to do. Can you enslave yourself? :confused:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?