Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are you doing this summer?

1. May 4, 2006 #1
    I will be taking two classes at the University of Arizona, and then I'll go visit some places in the east coast......

What are YOU doing?

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2006 #2
  4. May 4, 2006 #3

Mk

This summer won't be quite as eventful as last. However, I'll be moving to central Florida, after two days in Hawaii.

5. May 4, 2006 #4
    Oh, that's nice. Good for you! I'm not jealous.

6. May 4, 2006 #5

J77

Doing some tricky sums, of course :biggrin:

7. May 4, 2006 #6

Mk

Hey, you do whatever you want with your life. I just like to visit places. You don't have to be jealous, after you take a vacation in Hawaii.

8. May 4, 2006 #7
    Hawaii isn't that great. They have strong currents and high surf, not much fun, plus lots of jellyfish. And it rains a lot. The Florida Keys are way better.

Oh wait, you're going to Florida too. :rolleyes: No, no, I'm not jealous. I'm happy for you. Really.

9. May 4, 2006 #8

Mk

Huh what?? Selective portions of Hawaii is one of the most beautiful hospitable places in the world!

10. May 4, 2006 #9

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Hmmmm.....let's see. There's work...and then there's work and then in August I'll probably be at work...yeah. That's about it. I miss my school days.

11. May 4, 2006 #10
    I am going to spend the summer relaxing and reading math books :smile:

Also, at the end of this month, I will be going on the Price is Right :biggrin:

12. May 4, 2006 #11
    Working at a leather store selling jackets and chaps, I'm still waiting on a callback from a lab job that I was hoping to get and I'm really hoping that works out. I don't know how I will be able to take all summer at this store.

13. May 4, 2006 #12

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. (quiz question -- what movie is that from?)

But mixed in will be a week camping with the kids up in Modoc National Forest, and a week of educational vacation in Washington DC.

14. May 4, 2006 #13
    RELAXING!! Once I'm finished my GCSE exams, I'll be enjoying my few weeks before I begin A-Levels. Unless I'm assigned to do otherwise, that is. I'll also be doing my usual reading of geography and science books, but I enjoy that.

15. May 4, 2006 #14

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Blazing Saddles.

Hello boys. I missed you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  16. May 4, 2006 #15

Astronuc

Work, work, work - interspersed with conferences and some vacation time.

17. May 4, 2006 #16

Evo

Working with clueless people, if I don't lose my sanity first.

18. May 4, 2006 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This summer, I am taking a break from classes. And I plan on saving as much money as possible since I am looking at two years of poverty while I finish my degree at UCLA. I will have to cut back my hours to about 30 per week in the Fall.

19. May 4, 2006 #18

What are you majoring in? I'm sure you told us, but I've forgotten.

20. May 4, 2006 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm doing the Cognitive Science program. Actually, I have to do 4 more classes before they officially let me into the major, so for now I am designated as a Pre-cognitive Science major, which sounds like I am studying ESP! :biggrin:

21. May 4, 2006 #20
    Summer classes, 4 of them :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?