What are you doing this summer?

• Thread starter moose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Summer
In summary: I'm not sure. Right now, I'm just taking it easy and enjoying the summer.I'm taking a break from classes this summer, and I plan on saving as much money as possible since I am looking at two years of poverty while I finish my degree at UCLA. I will have to cut back my hours to about 30 per week in the Fall.Summer classes, 4 of them.
moose
I will be taking two classes at the University of Arizona, and then I'll go visit some places in the east coast...

What are YOU doing?

Physics news on Phys.org
This summer won't be quite as eventful as last. However, I'll be moving to central Florida, after two days in Hawaii.

Mk said:
This summer won't be quite as eventful as last. However, I'll be moving to central Florida, after two days in Hawaii.

Oh, that's nice. Good for you! I'm not jealous.

Doing some tricky sums, of course :biggrin:

Oh, that's nice. Good for you! I'm not jealous.
Hey, you do whatever you want with your life. I just like to visit places. You don't have to be jealous, after you take a vacation in Hawaii.

Mk said:
Hey, you do whatever you want with your life. I just like to visit places. You don't have to be jealous, after you take a vacation in Hawaii.

Hawaii isn't that great. They have strong currents and high surf, not much fun, plus lots of jellyfish. And it rains a lot. The Florida Keys are way better.

Oh wait, you're going to Florida too. :rolleyes: No, no, I'm not jealous. I'm happy for you. Really.

Hawaii isn't that great. They have strong currents and high surf, not much fun, plus lots of jellyfish. And it rains a lot. The Florida Keys are way better.
Huh what?? Selective portions of Hawaii is one of the most beautiful hospitable places in the world!

Hmmmm...let's see. There's work...and then there's work and then in August I'll probably be at work...yeah. That's about it. I miss my school days.

I am going to spend the summer relaxing and reading math books :smile:

Also, at the end of this month, I will be going on the Price is Right :biggrin:

Working at a leather store selling jackets and chaps, I'm still waiting on a callback from a lab job that I was hoping to get and I'm really hoping that works out. I don't know how I will be able to take all summer at this store.

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. (quiz question -- what movie is that from?)

But mixed in will be a week camping with the kids up in Modoc National Forest, and a week of educational vacation in Washington DC.

RELAXING! Once I'm finished my GCSE exams, I'll be enjoying my few weeks before I begin A-Levels. Unless I'm assigned to do otherwise, that is. I'll also be doing my usual reading of geography and science books, but I enjoy that.

berkeman said:
Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. (quiz question -- what movie is that from?)
Blazing Saddles.

Hello boys. I missed you.

http://www.dvdtown.com/functions/displayimage.php?id=2687

Last edited by a moderator:
Work, work, work - interspersed with conferences and some vacation time.

Working with clueless people, if I don't lose my sanity first.

This summer, I am taking a break from classes. And I plan on saving as much money as possible since I am looking at two years of poverty while I finish my degree at UCLA. I will have to cut back my hours to about 30 per week in the Fall.

Math Is Hard said:
This summer, I am taking a break from classes. And I plan on saving as much money as possible since I am looking at two years of poverty while I finish my degree at UCLA. I will have to cut back my hours to about 30 per week in the Fall.

What are you majoring in? I'm sure you told us, but I've forgotten.

franznietzsche said:
What are you majoring in? I'm sure you told us, but I've forgotten.
I'm doing the Cognitive Science program. Actually, I have to do 4 more classes before they officially let me into the major, so for now I am designated as a Pre-cognitive Science major, which sounds like I am studying ESP! :biggrin:

Summer classes, 4 of them :yuck:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm doing the Cognitive Science program. Actually, I have to do 4 more classes before they officially let me into the major, so for now I am designated as a Pre-cognitive Science major, which sounds like I am studying ESP! :biggrin:

So how is that telepathy class going?

I plan to write code and issue invoices.

Oh wait, did you say THIS summer? In that case, write code and issue invoices.

I am a little excited as I have expanded my business a bit, and so far it seems to be going very well. Hopefully this will be a profitable summer.

I am designated as a Pre-cognitive Science major

When do you hope to be cognitive?

franznietzsche said:
So how is that telepathy class going?
I knew you were going to ask that. :cool:

When do you hope to be cognitive?
Hey, quit rushin' me, will ya! :biggrin:

Working so that I can (attempt) to afford to go to McGill for Mechancial Engineering in September! So between working, spending time with my gf, and partying, my summer is pretty much exhausted...I can't wait! 2 more weeks of IB exams and I'm free!

Actually, after exams I'm going to Montreal to check out McGill's residences so I can decide which one I want to live in...and then I'm going to my friends cottage for a few days...so I do have a bit of a break before my summer as described above starts!

Mmm, MIH is a precog? I guess she's replaced Agatha? (quiz question -- what movie is that from?) :)

Evo said:
Working with clueless people, if I don't lose my sanity first.
If you lose it, MIH will help you find it. :biggrin:

I'll bore myself to death at summer :cry:

1. What research projects are you working on this summer?

I am currently working on a project that investigates the effects of climate change on marine ecosystems.

2. Will you be attending any conferences or workshops this summer?

Yes, I will be attending a conference on sustainable energy technologies in August.

3. Are you planning on taking any time off this summer?

No, I will be working throughout the summer as my research requires consistent monitoring and data collection.

4. Will you be collaborating with any other scientists or research groups?

Yes, I will be collaborating with a team of scientists from a different university on a joint project.

5. How do you plan on balancing work and personal time this summer?

I have set a schedule for myself to ensure that I have dedicated work hours and personal time for relaxation and self-care.