Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are you really good at?

1. Jul 15, 2006 #1
    Everyone is good at something. I'm not talking about just better than your friends, I mean you are extremely good at something. This thread is kinda made in light of peng's thread. So, yes, this is the time to brag!

Me: I am surprisingly good at shooting handguns. I live about 15 minutes away from the largest outdoor public shooting range in the US. I've taken several self defense courses which have small competitions at the end. I have always killed the other people (by killed, I mean beat then in the shoot off...). I am really good at both shooting really fast from a holster and shooting slowly and precisely. At the shooting range, the only person better than me is my dad (I guess we have good genes:tongue: ).

EDIT: By the way, I'm having a great time taking classes at UA right now :)

EDIT2: I'm really glad that I took Calculus II here and not at my high school. It was insanely hard here and extremely worth it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2006 #2
    Honestly I can't think of anything that I am really good at. I have a lot of things that I enjoy doing, but nothing that I am extremely good at.

4. Jul 15, 2006 #3

EL

Science Advisor

Playing "Minigolf", on my cellphone. 20 strikes in 18 holes.

5. Jul 15, 2006 #4
    Really good? I used to be good at riding bikes (doing stunts, that is). I used to be really good at making maps for Call of Duty, and also pretty good at the game itself. I am pretty good at minesweeper, sudoku, and kakuro, and I am decently good at math. I am currently trying to become good at chess.

6. Jul 15, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm really good at destroying my relationships.

7. Jul 15, 2006 #6
    People have said that I had potential to be good at chess but I am not serious enough about it to see if they're right...As for what I am good at I am strong at drawing...not in a creative sense more in a meticulously accurate sense...also a dab hand at cooking ASDA's pepperoni pizzas (I like them) :smile:

8. Jul 15, 2006 #7
    Im good at procrastination and sleeping, sometimes i manage both at the same time. Im also not a bad bull****ter, but i cant quite make a career out of it.

9. Jul 15, 2006 #8

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why not? You don't want to become a politician?

10. Jul 15, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Awwww, i still likeum you.

11. Jul 15, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Fixing any thing belonging to others, if i own it it stays busted.

12. Jul 15, 2006 #11
    I am good at refracting people with aphasia. I used to be good at the Rubik's cube. It makes my thumbs hurt too much now :mad:

13. Jul 15, 2006 #12
    Hmmm I have decided that I an awesome at having bad luck. A couple days ago my bicycle got stolen right off of the deck on my apartment. I finally am able to get a new one yesterday and what happens? I bring it home make sure everything is good with it, satisfied that it's all checked out I go to bed and anticipate being able to go for a ride the following evening. I go to take it for a ride and the front tire is completely flat. So I try to pump it up, I pump until I am about blue in the face and the damn thing is still flat! Now I guess I have to buy a new tube. Just as I am about to take the front tire off, I get my finger caught in the spinning tire. I was about to throw the stupid bike out the window but then realized that as I live on the ground floor that wouldnt be particularily effective. Oh and when I was pumping the tire I set the little black piece that screws over the part you pump the air into aside and the stupid cat decided to play with it and now I can't find it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  14. Jul 15, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

I can throw a pengwuino thread off-topic in 1 post :smile:

15. Jul 15, 2006 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sounds like my kind of day. :frown:

16. Jul 15, 2006 #15

Curious3141

Homework Helper

I'm exceedingly good at lazing around and wasting time.

17. Jul 15, 2006 #16

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I am super at being a doting granpa to my two granddaughters.

18. Jul 16, 2006 #17
    I am really good at being good at nothing :tongue:

19. Jul 17, 2006 #18

Mk

I'm good at looking good.

20. Jul 17, 2006 #19

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm the worlds best cuddler! I can also disarm an officer of the law with a mere pout of my lips.

21. Jul 17, 2006 #20
    I'm descent at playing baseball and playing guitar. I'm pretty good with helping others with their problems.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?