What are you studying and why?

• Thread starter Tatum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Studying
In summary: So, I guess it makes sense.In summary, the individual is studying various subjects in order to gain qualifications for a career in engineering. They are also interested in pursuing various hobbies, some of which may lead to further study or work in the future.
Tatum
My mind wants to be curious so I have to go along with it. I'm studying chemsitry, specifically, chemical thermodynamics. I want to be a chemical engineer so must go threw this "mental beatdown" and learn all these things. I'm also trying to study the patterns of the Dragon boss in Ninja Gaiden because it is whipping my ***! Please share...

Physics news on Phys.org
Right now I'm studying dynamics (moving stuff), stress analysis, and organic chemistry.
I'm also studying the map of Vice City

Physics, because it's a lot of fun. And, in my spare time, my man Andy Roddick's forehand.

cookiemonster

In my mis-spent youth, the compound curves on the body of Farrah Fawcett were what I devoted myself to studying. I guess that's what got me to where I am today.

:wink:

Last edited:
I'm studying sonography, usually called "ultrasound" or "diagnostic imaging." This field is being converted to a more research-oriented role, and I'm barely getting in under the wire under the old rules. Two years' study, start at $50K, security, respect, make a difference at someone's low point! I've done everything from migrant work to senior science editor at a big university. I worked in a factory where I got sprayed in the face daily with acid droplets that felt like ants biting. I urge everyone who can, to get into something steady, and pursue any poorly paid interests on the side. ALLIED HEALTH is a very good way to go. Are you listening, you intelligent but impractical kiddies?

I'm studying the Riemann hypothesis. Not sure why, it just seems fascinating.

Applied Maths and Physics, because apparently you can get a decent job at the end of it. That's the idea anyway.

Originally posted by cragwolf
I'm studying the Riemann hypothesis. Not sure why, it just seems fascinating.

there is also a $1 million prize for solving/proving Riemann

http://www.claymath.org/Millennium_Prize_Problems/
http://www.claymath.org/millennium/Riemann_Hypothesis/

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to investigate simple solutions to the crucial problems of physics (through my webpage, below). My mixture of naivete and intelligence facilitates otherwise overlooked associations.

This semester I'm taking Physics 2 and Industrial Electronics, which has a section on robotics that I am looking forward to.

As for why, I need a degree to advance in my occupation as a Mechanical Engineer.

1. What exactly are you studying?

I am currently studying genetics, specifically focusing on the role of DNA in inherited traits and diseases.

2. Why did you choose this field of study?

I have always been fascinated by the complexity and diversity of life and wanted to understand the underlying mechanisms that determine our physical characteristics and health.

3. What is the importance of your research or field of study?

Genetics is a crucial field in understanding and improving human health. By studying the variations and mutations in DNA, we can identify the causes of genetic diseases and develop treatments and preventive measures.

4. How does your research or field of study contribute to society?

My research has the potential to improve people's lives by providing insights into the genetic causes of diseases and developing more effective treatment strategies. It can also help in identifying individuals at risk for certain inherited conditions and implementing preventive measures.

5. What are some challenges you face in your research or field of study?

One of the biggest challenges in genetics research is the complexity of the human genome and the vast amount of data that needs to be analyzed. There are also ethical considerations related to genetic testing and manipulation that need to be carefully addressed.