Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are you up to?

1. Jul 17, 2004 #1
    What are you doing this summer?

I'm taking summer school P.E. for 5 hours a day. I dislocated my middle pharanx on my third finger playing basketball, and got a minor sprain on my ankle from soccer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2004 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

I am considering driving the pioneer route westward across northern Utah and then along the Humboldt River in Nevada, and up over Donner summit--a place famous in California emigrant lore and also in railroading.

4. Jul 17, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Setting up a He-3 cryostat. Did some whitewater rafting in Virginia last month. Planning on building a Dobsonian mount telescope in my free time.

5. Jul 17, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hmmmm, summer plans.

I'm going to work on the dry rot around one of my living room windows, then maybe clean out all of the debri left after my last basement flood.

For personal enjoyment, perhaps I will exfoliate my face with my new cucumber melon facial scrub and then slough calluses off my feet with my new foot cream. :approve:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  6. Jul 17, 2004 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Bringing any guests just in case?

I'm looking to get a job at some local year-round schools as an after school program leader. Help little kids with homework and play games and such. Thus far I've just been doing some boating on the bay, playing beach volleyball, and spending too much time on the internet.

7. Jul 17, 2004 #6

Janitor

Science Advisor

My goal is to serve Mankind... medium-rare, if you please. :devil:

8. Jul 17, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

I will work, paint, garden/landscape and water ski! :approve:

9. Jul 17, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

That's phalanx. :wink: Your pharynx is in your throat. :smile:

So what do you plan for an encore?? :tongue2: :rofl:

10. Jul 17, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We just had two sets of guests with one more short visit next weekend. As Tsu mentioned, in a way, the work around here never ends. It looks like this summer I am also helping to save Oregon's bridges and to make sure the world has enough potato chips and microwave chicken dinners.

11. Jul 17, 2004 #10
    OOPS! :eek:

I'm entering a science competition which I'm absolutely thrilled about. I'm doing it on the relationship between chaos/self organising systems and neuroscience. I'm getting help with a mathematician I know, and now I have to go hunt for a cognitive neuroscientist.

I also want to go to Vegas or something. If not, my dream is to go watch Jeopardy, live so I can see Ken Jennings in action. (he won a million+ so far)

12. Jul 18, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

Sounds great!! Try not to injure yourself (again!) in the process!! O'Tay? :rofl:

13. Jul 18, 2004 #12
    I am hopping between Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Dallas in a seemingly random pattern, perhaps one that Imp's automata can model.

cookiemonster

14. Jul 18, 2004 #13
    I am exceedingly jealous of you all! It's not yet the school hols where I am from. In fact, it's the middle of the school year. :(

15. Jul 18, 2004 #14
    Never mind Recon.

I am chilling at home. Going to Norfok and then Belgium. Week in each. Spend time with my girlfriend. No problem. Might study science when she is with friends.

The Bob (2004 ©)

16. Jul 18, 2004 #15

Janitor

Science Advisor

Perhaps someone will post a "What I did on my summer vacation" photoessay here?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?