What are your favorite metal bands?

quadraphonics
Now that you mention it, I can't think of a single picture of a metal band where they're not looking serious.
The back cover of Reign In Blood by Slayer is a good example of a respectable metal band being photographed not being serious.

Although, that album was also back when you could have male lead singers hit high notes and still be respected...

best metal band = Sacramentum

!!

no offense but how can you acutaully listen to those people. Cannibal corpse have disgusting lyrics, even though people say "they're not meant literally" they're still disgusting. The guys just making noise which you can hardly hear. I just want to know what you think is so good or what you like about it, i don't mean to put down you, the genre or any other fans. It's just out of interest
Cannibal Corpse and Nile have some of the most intricate guitar work and musical composition. Regardless of their image them and other even more technical bands are good examples of how Metal is second only to classical music when it comes to musicianship. It literally takes years and years to be able to play the kinds of stuff these bands play. Cannibal Corpse only recently was able to play on this level after they've all had about 10 yrs experience playing and like 6 albums under their belts. Whatever depth is lost in the lyrics is certaintly present in the music itself.

The back cover of Reign In Blood by Slayer is a good example of a respectable metal band being photographed not being serious.

Although, that album was also back when you could have male lead singers hit high notes and still be respected...
Actually to the contrary I've never seen a metal band that was totally serious except for Black metal bands.

Every metal band I know of is just a bunch of guys who like to joke around and have fun.
Here's the singer of Cannibal Corpse talking about his wife and kids and World of Warcraft

Last edited by a moderator: