1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What bachelor's and master's degree for research on complex systems?

  1. Jul 24, 2011 #1
    Hello. I've finally figured out what I want to do, I want to study the theory beyond the modelling of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_systems" [Broken]. So what I basically want to do is to study economics, finance, psychology, eventually medical problems with a background on the mathematics of complex systems.

    So my question is, what bachelor's degree should I get? I just finished the 1st year of physics (2 more to get bachelor's degree in physics), would a bachelor's degree in physics allow me to pursue this path? Or should I go to applied mathematics?

    And since I'd most likely need a PhD to be a researcher, the master's degree I take should allow me to go for a PhD. So the master's degree can't be something like "Mathematics applied to economics and management", since those wouldn't prepare me for a PhD, right?

    Thanks :smile:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted