Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical What can it be?

1. Jul 19, 2010 #1
    I am not sure where to post this.
    If someone experiences a sudden heaviness in the chest with an increased heart rate and a feeling of uneasiness dizziness what can it mean? Note that there was no sort of any physical exertion it all starts suddenly and lasts for maybe 15 -20 minutes. Also that someone is in his teens.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2010 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would get to a doctor. The sooner the better.

4. Jul 19, 2010 #3
    This happened yesterday and I feel normal now. Only reason I am worried is because I have never had this earlier, I have no sort of history so it feels strange. Plus I am just 17.
    I realise it is not the right place to ask such questions but can it be serious? I know for sure what i experienced was real and have not felt anything like this before.

5. Jul 19, 2010 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I hadn't thought it might be serious, I wouldn't have advised going to a doctor. My advise remains the same even if you are feeling okay now.

6. Jul 19, 2010 #5
    OK.Thanks.

7. Jul 19, 2010 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Please do go to a doctor and let them decide if it is something worth checking into. I hope you feel better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook