What can stop jalapeno burn to skin?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Skin
In summary: Capsaicin is oil soluble, so vegetable oil (or oil and vinegar - which I recommended to Woolie when he got it on his face), yogurt, or butter should help dissolve any capsaicin on the skin.
Evo said:
Oh, this thread brings back such painful memories.
One thing about experiencing how pepper juices get absorbed by the skin; one time is all it takes to not make the mistake again. http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/pepper.gif.pagespeed.ce.quCEruV0yq.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Oh, this thread brings back such painful memories.

Yeah but it's funny that members update this thread every year!:uhh:

Lisa! said:
Yeah but it's funny that members update this thread every year!:uhh:
:frown: :bugeye: Nooooo.

If I'd read this thread sooner I'd have suggested yoghurt. Or milk failing that.

A Mexican-American told me that salt helps. I never tried it.

You could also try urinating on it. That works for jellyfish stings.

Hornbein said:
A Mexican-American told me that salt helps. I never tried it.

You could also try urinating on it. That works for jellyfish stings.

I know of a video of a chimp doing that because he ate something too spicy. Anyone want to see it?

leroyjenkens said:
I know of a video of a chimp doing that because he ate something too spicy. Anyone want to see it?
You mean the monkey urinating in his mouth?

SecretMarial said:
I realize the problem will be long solved, but for people like me, searching for advice on a current pepper/jalapeño burn, I want to add this, dish soap works as a temporary solution, but only for a minute or so. I'm fixing to try some sort of dairy product in a moment. Hands burning, why do we have so many peppers to feed these animals! DX

EDIT: I want to let you people know, you helped me a lot. Baking soda all over my hands and wrist worked super and butter eased the pain under my thumbnail a little. Thanks!

Ouch - under the nail really hurts. And the more you mess with it, the more it hurts.

Egg will stop the pain and remove jalapeno from skin. crack cold eggs in a bowl apply to affected area. I'm a Hispanic American from New Mexico have used this many times! because over here HOT CHILI is served with every meal.