Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical What causes hunger headaches?

1. Nov 2, 2016 #1
    When we skip meals or when we are fasting initially we experience headaches. What causes it?

Why such headaches recede after some time on its own, even if we have not taken any food in response.

Are such headaches detrimental?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2016 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Please post approved sources. I skip meals regularly and never have headaches.

4. Nov 3, 2016 #3
    Whose is we?
    Not every one will experience a headache, as per Eva's testament.

It could be a withdrawal symptom, low sugar in the blood, stress factors.

Have you looked up headaches from fasting, headaches from being hungry, or not eating?
    That would give you some clues for your case.

5. Nov 3, 2016 #4

jim mcnamara

This is not my area. However you appear to have an atypical response to fasting. I would consider this a medical question for a medically qualified professional. We cannot do that kind of diagnosis here.

6. Nov 3, 2016 #5
    I simply assumed everyone would suffer headaches, if they fast. Though I didn't get the answer, I came to know not everyone gets a headache of they skip meals. Thanks.

7. Nov 3, 2016 #6

Evo

You should check with your doctor before you fast, perhaps get your blood checked to make sure everything is normal first. With that, thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook