What causes Timeto Move?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does time actually get moved by something, or does it jut move because it does?

* I forgot to put a space between time and move

Answers and Replies

Does time move? I mean, I know we have expressions like "where did the time go?" but I never thought that was literal. What exactly do you mean by time moving?

Are you asking why a system evolves in time?

I suppose that I WAS asking why a sytem evloves around time, I just wasn't sure how to word it. So what makes things evolve around time then? And how does time interact with matter?

I suppose that I WAS asking why a sytem evloves around time, I just wasn't sure how to word it. So what makes things evolve around time then? And how does time interact with matter?
Well, the fundamental laws have d/dt terms in them like Newton's 2nd law:
f = dp/dt

Or Faraday's law
curl(E) = -dB/dt

So systems evolve in time because the fundamental laws of the universe have d/dt in them.

Of course, science is completely ill-suited to answer "why" questions, and as any 4-year-old knows you can always take any "because" answer and ask another "why" question. In this case the logical 4-year-old progression would be "why do the laws have d/dt terms in them". And the answer is "science can never answer why any of the fundamental laws are the way they are" (a fancy way of saying nobody knows why except priests and philosophers).