What chromatic situations are

• Medical
  • Thread starter NeedBioInfo
  • Start date
In summary, monochromatic situations are those with just lines and not colors, while achromatic situations have both lines and colors.
NeedBioInfo
what "chromatic situations" are

okay I know what "chromatic situations" are but what would you call situations with just lines and not colors...

Also...a line can go in a direction from 1-360 degrees right?

Thanks

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
A line can go in any direction, it's not limited to just one plane. I don't know what else you're trying to ask about lines, but I doubt it belongs in this forum.

I mean, a line can only curve between 1 and 360 degrees right?

Lines don't curve, by definition.

NeedBioInfo said:
okay I know what "chromatic situations" are but what would you call situations with just lines and not colors...
Black lines on white paper would be called "monochromatic."
Also...a line can go in a direction from 1-360 degrees right?
Degrees are for measuring angles, not lines. Line are usually just described as horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. If you want to get more specific in describing the direction of a line you'd have to tell us where you want to put it. Is it just on paper? Or does it exist in space somewhere? Lines on the Earth's surface can be described relative to some point on the compass: north-south, east-west, etc.

zoobyshoe said:
Black lines on white paper would be called "monochromatic."
Monochromatic means that there is just one wavelength, the white light consists of many wavelenghts and so is not monochromatic. From pure black no light is coming.

(I am not sure what Needbioinfo is asking, but any visual scene is a "chromatic situation", also a scene with only lines...)

gerben said:
Monochromatic means that there is just one wavelength, the white light consists of many wavelenghts and so is not monochromatic. From pure black no light is coming.
Yes, the white paper is not monochromatic. For some reason there doesn't seem to be a proper term in use for black ink, and printers refer to something printed all in black the same as they would something all in red, or all in blue. Black is misrefered to as a color in this situation, but that is how things hve come to be.

Also, people who are completely color blind are called monochromats instead of something like achromats. I don't know why.

(I am not sure what Needbioinfo is asking, but any visual scene is a "chromatic situation", also a scene with only lines...)[/QUOTE]

What are chromatic situations?

Chromatic situations refer to situations or conditions in which colors are perceived or affected.

What factors can influence chromatic situations?

The perception of color can be influenced by various factors such as lighting, background colors, contrast, and individual differences in color perception.

How does color perception differ between individuals?

Color perception can vary between individuals due to differences in the number and distribution of color-sensitive cells in the eye, as well as differences in the brain's interpretation of color signals.

What is the role of lighting in chromatic situations?

Lighting plays a crucial role in chromatic situations as it can affect the way colors are perceived and can create different color contrasts and illusions.

Can chromatic situations affect mood or behavior?

There is evidence that certain colors and chromatic situations can have an impact on mood and behavior, but the exact mechanisms and effects are still not fully understood.