City of Scientists: Where Are You From?

• Thread starter CFDFEAGURU
  • Start date
In summary, participants from various cities and countries have shared their location, including Pittsburgh, PA; Tacoma, Washington; Mississauga, Ontario; United Kingdom; Italy; New York City, NY; San Diego, California; Southampton and Winchester, Hampshire, UK; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Brooklyn, New York, NY; Salem, Massachusetts, USA; Markham, Ontario, Canada; Miami, Florida, USA; Harlem, NYC; Falls Church, VA; New Haven, Connecticut; Hammond, TX; Cochrane, Alberta, Canada; St. Louis, MO; Williford, Arkansas; Long Beach, CA; Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Saskatoon, SK; Solon, Maine; and Warszawa,
CFDFEAGURU
I am not sure if this has been tried in the past but I thought I would give it a go. It would be neat to see how many of us are within close proximity.

So, what city are you from?

Me. Pittsburgh, PA.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Tacoma area, Washington State.

Mississauga, Ontario

United kingdom

I'm not really close to you.
I'm from Italy, city of Modena.

New York City, NY.

San Diego, California.

Between Southampton and Winchester, Hampshire, UK

Jorriss said:
San Diego, California.
I think you mean New York City, NY.

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Also New York City.

Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA

Salem, Massachusetts, USA

Markham, Ontario, Canada

Miami, Florida, USA

Another Pittsburgh, PA here

Harlem, NYC

Falls Church, VA

New haven, Connecticut

Hammond, TX Population 44

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada

Tacoma in the Houuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse...SHOUT OUT, baby!

Williford Arkansas - you'll have to Google Maps it though, population 75.

Long Beach, CA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Saskatoon, SK

Solon, Maine. Hardly a city. It has a few houses around a crossroads and two small stores, one of which survives mainly on the revenue from fuel sales, since they carry nothing but fast-food items.

Warszawa

Borek said:
Warszawa
Na zdrowie.

flatmaster said:
Another Pittsburgh, PA here

Alright another from da burgh. Let's go PENS! :)

turbo said:
Solon, Maine. Hardly a city. It has a few houses around a crossroads and two small stores, one of which survives mainly on the revenue from fuel sales, since they carry nothing but fast-food items.

At least it has the internet. :)

1. What is "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?"

"City of Scientists: Where Are You From?" is a fictional city created for a science education program. It is meant to represent a diverse community of scientists from all over the world.

2. Who can participate in "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?"

The program is open to anyone who is interested in learning about science and the different cultures and backgrounds of scientists. It is especially beneficial for students in middle and high school.

3. What is the purpose of "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?"

The main purpose of the program is to promote diversity and inclusivity in the field of science. It also aims to inspire young people to pursue careers in STEM fields and to showcase the contributions of scientists from various backgrounds.

4. How can I get involved with "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?"

There are several ways to get involved with the program. You can attend events and workshops, follow the program on social media, or even become a volunteer or mentor for the program.

5. Is "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?" based on real people and places?

No, "City of Scientists: Where Are You From?" is a fictional city created for the program. However, it is inspired by real scientists and their diverse backgrounds and experiences.