What classes should I take for a career in robotics engineering?

• Thread starter Thomas916
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, if you are interested in becoming a robotics engineer, you should take the hardest math and physics courses available in high school. This may include courses in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and computer engineering. It is also recommended to get involved in FIRST robotics. For those interested in pursuing mechanical engineering specifically, it is important to take courses that will lead to BC calculus or its equivalent, and possibly multi-variable calculus if it is available. Statistics may also be beneficial to take. Location can also play a role in determining specific course recommendations.
Thomas916
OK, I'm going to pick my class for high school in a few days. I wondering if I want to be a robotics engineer what classes should I take ? Also, what type of robotics engineer is there?

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no field called robotics engineering, and different schools run their robotics research out of different departments, usually either mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science. Computer engineering is also a field worth looking into if you're into robotics.

At the high school level? Take the courses you'll need to take for any engineering major, so take the hardest math and physics courses you can do well in. If you're in the states, get involved in FIRST robotics.

Ok if I want to be a mechanical engineer. What math should I take through Freshmen to Senior year?

Thomas916 said:
Ok if I want to be a mechanical engineer. What math should I take through Freshmen to Senior year?
Take whatever route will get you into BC calculus (if you're in the states) or its equivalent at your high school. Even better if you can also take some multi-variable too, but if it doesn't count for college credit it may not make a difference. Statistics may be worth your time 'cause it's worth knowing and you may not cover it in college. If you give your location, it may be easier to advise you.

Last edited:
I live in Sacramento,C.A.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a class?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a class include your interests and goals, your academic requirements, the difficulty level of the class, the availability of the class, and the reputation of the instructor or professor.

2. How can I determine if a class is right for me?

One way to determine if a class is right for you is to research the course content and syllabus to see if it aligns with your interests and goals. You can also talk to students who have taken the class before or read reviews from previous students.

3. Should I take a class just because it is required for my major?

It is important to take classes that are required for your major in order to graduate, but it is also important to take classes that interest you and align with your career goals. You can try to find a balance between required classes and electives that you are passionate about.

4. How many classes should I take per semester?

The number of classes you should take per semester depends on your personal schedule, academic workload, and outside commitments. It is important to find a balance between taking enough classes to make progress towards your degree, but not overwhelming yourself with too many classes at once.

5. What should I do if I am struggling in a class?

If you are struggling in a class, it is important to communicate with your professor or academic advisor. They can provide guidance and support, and may be able to offer resources such as tutoring or study groups. It is also important to stay organized, attend class regularly, and seek help when needed.