What counts as a circuit?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have to construct suitable circuits to show the operational principles of some sensors: pH meter, sound, light and temperature. Would these count as circuits? or diagrams? (I'd say diagrams).

I am finding it hard to find circuits showing how sound sensors and pH sensors work etc and the ones I do find are beyond my level such as:
schem1.png

I under stand how the sound sensors work, such as the diaphragm microhphone (shown in first picture). Just wanting to know if I could use diagrams as circuits it would make my life easier.

Attachments

Answers and Replies

When you say construct, do you mean circuits that actually work?

Is this homework?

Edit: Can you use instruments like meters or an oscilloscope instead of circuits you build yourself?

When you say construct, do you mean circuits that actually work?

Is this homework?

Edit: Can you use instruments like meters or an oscilloscope instead of circuits you build yourself?
I don't think it really matters, it just says "Learners will produce circuit diagrams of the transducer/sensor chosen and explain their operation anduses".
And yes but I didn't think I should put in the homework part due to only wanting to know if the first one counts as a circuit.mb

"Learners will produce circuit diagrams of the transducer/sensor chosen and explain their operation and uses".
I think they mean that they will teach you how to do that.

I think they mean that they will teach you how to do that.
We have to research it but for some of the sensors such as sound and pH I can't find any basic circuits

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
some of the sensors such as sound and pH I can't find any basic circuits
Honestly ? Do you know of Google/Bing ?

I typed pH meter circuits into Bing/Google and got dozens of circuits

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pH+me...s=n&sk=&cvid=aec1ef5562ac4a0aaf5c6f26fbc0448a

A sound sensor can be as simple as a microphone ( the most common sound sensor)
it will be connected to a preamp circuit and then outputted to your recording device ( PC etc)

I will let you google microphone and preamplifier circuits

Dave

Likes phinds
CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I can't see the first image in the OP.

CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
The link works and I believe it's a good example of what they are asking for. You need to add words explaining how it works and uses.

Likes Daniel2244
The link works and I believe it's a good example of what they are asking for. You need to add words explaining how it works and uses.
I have explained how every sensor I used works such as the pH meter, sound, temperature, light just the graphs I was strugling on as the graphs I got for some way beyond my learning level.

CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
If I understand correctly your task is mainly to explain how sensors work and are used. So you need a circuit that models the inner workings of the sensor and block diagrams for the rest (amplifiers, A-D converters, meters etc)

If they expect you to build and test the circuits you need detailed circuits for the rest as well.

Likes Daniel2244