Can Diagrams be Used as Circuits in Explaining Sensor Operations?

In summary, the students will produce circuit diagrams of the transducer/sensor chosen and explain their operation and uses.
Daniel2244
I have to construct suitable circuits to show the operational principles of some sensors: pH meter, sound, light and temperature. Would these count as circuits? or diagrams? (I'd say diagrams).
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/io/io45.gif
I am finding it hard to find circuits showing how sound sensors and pH sensors work etc and the ones I do find are beyond my level such as:
schem1.png

I under stand how the sound sensors work, such as the diaphragm microhphone (shown in first picture). Just wanting to know if I could use diagrams as circuits it would make my life easier.

Attachments

• schem1.png
    schem1.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 946
Physics news on Phys.org
When you say construct, do you mean circuits that actually work?

Is this homework?

Edit: Can you use instruments like meters or an oscilloscope instead of circuits you build yourself?

anorlunda said:
When you say construct, do you mean circuits that actually work?

Is this homework?

Edit: Can you use instruments like meters or an oscilloscope instead of circuits you build yourself?
I don't think it really matters, it just says "Learners will produce circuit diagrams of the transducer/sensor chosen and explain their operation anduses".
And yes but I didn't think I should put in the homework part due to only wanting to know if the first one counts as a circuit.mb

Daniel2244 said:
"Learners will produce circuit diagrams of the transducer/sensor chosen and explain their operation and uses".

I think they mean that they will teach you how to do that.

anorlunda said:
I think they mean that they will teach you how to do that.
We have to research it but for some of the sensors such as sound and pH I can't find any basic circuits

Daniel2244 said:
some of the sensors such as sound and pH I can't find any basic circuits

Honestly ? Do you know of Google/Bing ?

I typed pH meter circuits into Bing/Google and got dozens of circuits

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pH+me...s=n&sk=&cvid=aec1ef5562ac4a0aaf5c6f26fbc0448aA sound sensor can be as simple as a microphone ( the most common sound sensor)
it will be connected to a preamp circuit and then outputted to your recording device ( PC etc)

I will let you google microphone and preamplifier circuitsDave

Likes phinds
I can't see the first image in the OP.

The link works and I believe it's a good example of what they are asking for. You need to add words explaining how it works and uses.

Likes Daniel2244
CWatters said:
The link works and I believe it's a good example of what they are asking for. You need to add words explaining how it works and uses.
I have explained how every sensor I used works such as the pH meter, sound, temperature, light just the graphs I was strugling on as the graphs I got for some way beyond my learning level.

CWatters said:
Could you please take a look at this? https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ion-principle-of-the-ldr.949307/#post-6011157
If you do the circuit I constructed isn't how I measured light. but I have to construct a circuit and using my data to illustarte how an LDR works among other sensors.

If I understand correctly your task is mainly to explain how sensors work and are used. So you need a circuit that models the inner workings of the sensor and block diagrams for the rest (amplifiers, A-D converters, meters etc)

If they expect you to build and test the circuits you need detailed circuits for the rest as well.

Likes Daniel2244

1. What is a circuit?

A circuit is a closed loop or path through which electricity can flow. It typically includes a power source, such as a battery, and components, such as resistors and capacitors, that control the flow of electricity.

2. What are the components of a circuit?

The main components of a circuit include a power source, conductors (such as wires), resistors, capacitors, and switches. These components work together to allow electricity to flow through the circuit and control its behavior.

3. What makes a circuit complete?

A circuit is complete when there is a closed loop or path for electricity to flow. This means that all the necessary components, such as the power source and conductors, are connected in a way that allows electricity to flow through the entire circuit.

4. Can a circuit have multiple paths for electricity to flow?

Yes, a circuit can have multiple paths for electricity to flow, known as parallel circuits. In these circuits, the components are connected in a way that allows electricity to flow through different branches simultaneously, providing different paths for the current to follow.

5. What are the different types of circuits?

There are three main types of circuits: series, parallel, and series-parallel. In a series circuit, the components are connected in a single path, while in a parallel circuit, there are multiple paths for electricity to flow. A series-parallel circuit combines elements of both series and parallel circuits.