Will my transfer credits affect my job prospects as an EE graduate?

• Thread starter kdinser
  • Start date
In summary, the person is enrolled in an EE program at a small public college and is concerned about how employers view their course load. They have a lot of transfer credits and are worried that this may affect their ability to create a challenging semester without taking extra classes. They are also wondering if this will hurt their chances of finding a job in engineering. They have previously posted about this topic on a forum.
kdinser
I'm enrolled at a small public college in an EE program. How intently do employers look at the course load you took in college? The problem is, I had so many transfer credits from my first trip through college, I'm not really able to create a challenging semester from the classes that I have available without taking a lot of extra classes that I don't need for my degree. Is this likely to hurt me when I go looking for that first engineering job?

BTW, I tried posting this before, but I think it got lost when the site went partially down :cry: .

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What qualifications do employers look for in a candidate?

Employers typically look for a combination of education, skills, experience, and personal qualities when considering a candidate. This can vary depending on the specific job and industry, but some common qualifications include a relevant degree or certification, strong communication and problem-solving skills, and relevant work experience.

2. Does GPA matter to employers?

While a high GPA can certainly be a positive factor in a job application, it is not always a determining factor for employers. Many employers also value relevant work experience and skills over GPA. However, for certain industries and highly competitive positions, a high GPA may be more important.

3. How important is work experience to employers?

Work experience is typically very important to employers as it demonstrates that a candidate has the necessary skills and knowledge to perform well in a job. However, employers may also value other experiences such as internships, volunteer work, and extracurricular activities that show a candidate's transferable skills and dedication.

4. What do employers look for in a resume?

Employers look for a well-organized and tailored resume that highlights a candidate's relevant skills, experience, and achievements. This includes a clear and concise summary of qualifications, relevant work experience, and any relevant education or certifications. Employers also value resumes that are error-free and easy to read.

5. Do employers consider a candidate's online presence?

In today's digital age, it is becoming increasingly common for employers to consider a candidate's online presence, such as their social media profiles and online portfolios. Employers may look for professionalism, positive online presence, and relevant skills and experience through a candidate's online presence. It is important for job seekers to maintain a professional and appropriate online presence.