How to Effectively Copy and Paste Text on Your Computer

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various frustrations and difficulties with online communication, including losing posts and threads going off-topic. The main topic is a man wondering if using women's facial cream would be beneficial for his skin. The conversation delves into the differences (or lack thereof) between men's and women's skin and the marketing of gender-specific products. There is also a comedic interlude involving a jar of face cream found in a glove compartment. The conversation ends with a suggestion to type messages offline to avoid losing them.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
What do I do with this?

Argh. I just spent 20 minutes composing a reply, only to find out the thread went The Way of the Fearless Guppy in the meantime.

It seems a waste; I laboured hard over my logic! I will make a gift of it.

Greeneyeuzau said:
I have come back from a nearby supermarket with a paste of facial cream for men.
I am thinking what if I bought and used the woman's. Will it be good for my face ? How is it different by the way?
Let's pretend that the product company actually makes the product different for men than for women. This is by no means granted, but let's just pretend.

Let's pretend it's oil content or cream content or colour or whatever.

The difference between your skin and the skin of the other 400,000 men out there who might need a face cream is larger than the difference between men and women.

It is folly to pretend that one product could aid all men, and one other product coiuld aid all women.

Therefore, the product you have will do just as fine (or just as unfine) as the men's product.

Greeneyeuzau said:
(P.S That's a BIG SHAME for a man to use women's things, right ?)
Women don't have the market cornered on dry skin. Thus, face cream is not a women's product.

Physics news on Phys.org

The Way of the Fearless Guppy, is there a training DVD I can get for that?

GeorginaS said:
The Way of the Fearless Guppy, is there a training DVD I can get for that?
Assuming you've been potty-trained, you have all the necessary skills... :biggrin:

I kind of figured that but was hoping there was something a little more Zen behind it. :wink:

Anyway, yes, that thread was having conniptions and wouldn't even let me in. I feel so much better for being allowed even a little peek into what I missed. I'm glad you were able to salvage something. :smile:

DaveC426913 said:
Argh. I just spent 20 minutes composing a reply, only to find out the thread went The Way of the Fearless Guppy in the meantime.

It seems a waste; I laboured hard over my logic! I will make a gift of it.
If you mean, the OP deleted their original post, perhaps you could next time, reply quickly, with a partial post and put in parenthesis (partial post: more to follow). I am guessing, at least one reply to a thread, would insure the thread can not be deleted, by the OP. If that is not the case, it would be a good idea to suggest this condition, be added to our forum post coding.

I've been using women's face cream ever since my wife discovered a jar of it in my glove compartment.

jimmysnyder said:
I've been using women's face cream ever since my wife discovered a jar of it in my glove compartment.
:rofl:

jimmysnyder said:
You kill me jimmy, you kill me.

That's happened to me before too, but I made a huge response, taking like 20 minutes to type up.

What I also hate is when I'm typing up this huge post and I hit backspace to delete one letter, but for some reason my browser makes my backspace go back a page, then when I click forward to go back to what I was posting, all that I typed is gone.

leroyjenkens said:
That's happened to me before too, but I made a huge response, taking like 20 minutes to type up.

What I also hate is when I'm typing up this huge post and I hit backspace to delete one letter, but for some reason my browser makes my backspace go back a page, then when I click forward to go back to what I was posting, all that I typed is gone.

One reason I use firefox is because it actually saves your post, so if you click forward again (not navigate back to the thread, but click the forward pointing arrow) you don't lose your post

Googling for guppy karate gave a disappointingly sparse list

DaveC426913 said:
You kill me jimmy, you kill me.
Tetanus? That one's a rusty old thing, probably older than I am.

jimmysnyder said:
probably older than I am.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/y/henny_youngman/index.html" [Broken]
Read the third paragraph.

Last edited by a moderator:

Office_Shredder said:
One reason I use firefox is because it actually saves your post, so if you click forward again (not navigate back to the thread, but click the forward pointing arrow) you don't lose your post

Googling for guppy karate gave a disappointingly sparse list

I use firefox and lost my post earlier. I was typing, hit backspace and it sent me back. I clicked the forward button and it still lost it.

jarednjames said:
I use firefox and lost my post earlier. I was typing, hit backspace and it sent me back. I clicked the forward button and it still lost it.

The easiest way to not lose a well composed note, is to type it offline, for example in Wordpad.. Then copy and paste (C/P) it into our board's message window. If you forget to do this and notice you've written quite a few lines already in the message window, just C/P what you've typed so far into WordPad, complete it there, then C/P it back to the message window when you're done.

jimmysnyder said:
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/y/henny_youngman/index.html" [Broken]
Read the third paragraph.

:delayed rimshot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouabache said:
The easiest way to not lose a well composed note, is to type it offline, for example in Wordpad.. Then copy and paste (C/P) it into our board's message window. If you forget to do this and notice you've written quite a few lines already in the message window, just C/P what you've typed so far into WordPad, complete it there, then C/P it back to the message window when you're done.

I just select all and press copy every now and again, even if firefox closes it's still there for you then. (at least I do when I remember to).

jarednjames said:
I just select all and press copy every now and again...
Which is exactly why this thread exists in the first place... :tongue:

jarednjames said:
I just select all and press copy every now and again, even if firefox closes it's still there for you then. (at least I do when I remember to).
I understand that should store it in your PC's virtual buffer. However, sometimes I've found that even though I selected all (either via edit menu or "control a"), there are times it just didn't make it to the buffer. So pasting it to a text editor is instant feedback as to whether I was successful copying what I wanted.

1. What do I do with this strange-looking instrument?

The first step is to familiarize yourself with the instrument by reading its manual or researching online. Then, determine its purpose and how to use it properly. If needed, seek guidance from a fellow scientist or your supervisor.

2. What do I do with this data?

The first step is to organize and analyze the data to draw meaningful conclusions. This may involve using statistical software or creating visual representations such as graphs or charts. Then, discuss your findings with colleagues or publish them in a scientific journal.

3. What do I do with this chemical compound?

The first step is to consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to determine its properties and potential hazards. Then, follow proper safety precautions and protocols when handling and disposing of the chemical. If in doubt, seek guidance from a colleague or refer to a chemical safety resource.

4. What do I do with this equipment that is no longer working?

The first step is to troubleshoot the equipment to determine the cause of the issue. If you are unable to fix it, consult with a technician or the manufacturer for repair or replacement options. It is important to properly maintain and calibrate equipment to ensure accurate results.

5. What do I do with this new research project?

The first step is to thoroughly research and plan the project, including determining its purpose, objectives, and methodology. Collaborate with colleagues or seek guidance from a supervisor to ensure the project is feasible and scientifically sound. Then, carry out the project and communicate your results to the scientific community.