Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do I do with this?

1. Jul 13, 2009 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What do I do with this???

Argh. I just spent 20 minutes composing a reply, only to find out the thread went The Way of the Fearless Guppy in the meantime.

It seems a waste; I laboured hard over my logic! I will make a gift of it.

Let's pretend that the product company actually makes the product different for men than for women. This is by no means granted, but let's just pretend.

Let's pretend it's oil content or cream content or colour or whatever.

The difference between your skin and the skin of the other 400,000 men out there who might need a face cream is larger than the difference between men and women.

It is folly to pretend that one product could aid all men, and one other product coiuld aid all women.

Therefore, the product you have will do just as fine (or just as unfine) as the men's product.

Women don't have the market cornered on dry skin. Thus, face cream is not a women's product.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2009 #2
    Re: What do I do with this???

The Way of the Fearless Guppy, is there a training DVD I can get for that?

4. Jul 13, 2009 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Assuming you've been potty-trained, you have all the necessary skills... :biggrin:

5. Jul 13, 2009 #4

I kind of figured that but was hoping there was something a little more Zen behind it. :wink:

Anyway, yes, that thread was having conniptions and wouldn't even let me in. I feel so much better for being allowed even a little peek into what I missed. I'm glad you were able to salvage something. :smile:

6. Jul 14, 2009 #5

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you mean, the OP deleted their original post, perhaps you could next time, reply quickly, with a partial post and put in parenthesis (partial post: more to follow). I am guessing, at least one reply to a thread, would insure the thread can not be deleted, by the OP. If that is not the case, it would be a good idea to suggest this condition, be added to our forum post coding.

7. Jul 14, 2009 #6

I've been using women's face cream ever since my wife discovered a jar of it in my glove compartment.

8. Jul 14, 2009 #7

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl:

9. Jul 14, 2009 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You kill me jimmy, you kill me.

10. Jul 14, 2009 #9

That's happened to me before too, but I made a huge response, taking like 20 minutes to type up.

What I also hate is when I'm typing up this huge post and I hit backspace to delete one letter, but for some reason my browser makes my backspace go back a page, then when I click forward to go back to what I was posting, all that I typed is gone.

11. Jul 14, 2009 #10

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One reason I use firefox is because it actually saves your post, so if you click forward again (not navigate back to the thread, but click the forward pointing arrow) you don't lose your post

Googling for guppy karate gave a disappointingly sparse list

12. Jul 14, 2009 #11

Tetanus? That one's a rusty old thing, probably older than I am.

13. Jul 14, 2009 #12

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/y/henny_youngman/index.html" [Broken]
    Read the third paragraph.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  14. Jul 14, 2009 #13

I use firefox and lost my post earlier. I was typing, hit backspace and it sent me back. I clicked the forward button and it still lost it.

15. Jul 14, 2009 #14

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The easiest way to not lose a well composed note, is to type it offline, for example in Wordpad.. Then copy and paste (C/P) it into our board's message window. If you forget to do this and notice you've written quite a few lines already in the message window, just C/P what you've typed so far into WordPad, complete it there, then C/P it back to the message window when you're done.

16. Jul 14, 2009 #15

DaveC426913

Gold Member

:delayed rimshot:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  17. Jul 14, 2009 #16

I just select all and press copy every now and again, even if firefox closes it's still there for you then. (at least I do when I remember to).

18. Jul 14, 2009 #17

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Which is exactly why this thread exists in the first place... :tongue:

19. Jul 15, 2009 #18

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I understand that should store it in your PC's virtual buffer. However, sometimes I've found that even though I selected all (either via edit menu or "control a"), there are times it just didn't make it to the buffer. So pasting it to a text editor is instant feedback as to whether I was successful copying what I wanted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook