What do I tell girls I am majoring in.

• Thread starter E-Guy
  • Start date
DIn summary, the conversation revolves around the question of what major to tell girls when meeting them outside of the field of study. Some suggest being honest about being a physics major, while others suggest lying or joking about being a millionaire or a priest. However, the overall message is to be yourself and embrace your passion for physics.
E-Guy
I am a current physics major and whenever I meet girls I need to know what major I should tell them I am in. I am saying finance for now but is there a better fit, what do yall tell girls you are majoring if you meet them outside of your field.

Physics news on Phys.org
E-Guy said:
I am a current physics major and whenever I meet girls I need to know what major I should tell them I am in. I am saying finance for now but is there a better fit, what do yall tell girls you are majoring if you meet them outside of your field.
I was always honest about my studies, which were physics with specialty in nuclear and astrophysics, then nuclear engineering.

Why are you lying to people? Particularly over such a trivial matter?

I majored in finance, but I always told the girls it was physics.

E-Guy said:
I wonder why you're quite so ashamed of being a physicist? I would *never* have lowered myself to admitting to be a fine arts major or economist. What's cooler than studying astrophysics? :cool:

Ah, unless you're trying to reduce the size of your harem by putting them off? Or a social "scientist" carrying out some bizarre on-line response study?

Is this you, OP?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33524000.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Guy said:

Cause lying to people is a wonderful way to start a new relationship...

E-Guy said:

You can tell her that you are a major in Advertising/Communication/English/Finance/Journalism/Marketing/Political Science/Psychology etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DUPfQCvHXw

E-Guy said:
Don't bother. Girls can not distinguish between physicists and economists anyway. They will find you equally nerdy.

haael said:
Don't bother. Girls can not distinguish between physicists and economists anyway. They will find you equally nerdy.

what about architecture lol? that actually sounds pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWaPQP-Dk6w
If you still aren't convinced then NPH himself has words of wisdom to offer. Good luck!

E-Guy said:

No. Dont tell her you are an architect. Rather tell her you're a building planner.

E-Guy said:

Can't get much cooler than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ek1jwX4qo

I usually say I'm a millionaire and have a house on the beach. They've never asked me what I study.

E-Guy said:
Never lie. It's a deal-killer when (not if) you are found out. Be nice, be respectful, and tell the truth.

E-Guy said:

Simply ask them what major they like you to be in!:biggrin:

Tell them you're studying to be a priest (seminarian). If that doesn't work, go ahead and make it the truth.

E-Guy said:

Assuming this isn't flame and you're really asking people on a physics forum what major to tell girls you're studying then I can pretty much assure you that you're not going to be able to pull off lying to them.

Why do you think you need to do that in the first place?

I can see it having a polarizing effect. They may either recoil at your weirdness or be interested and attracted to it.

E-Guy, you are going entirely the wrong way with this!
You must EMBRACE the physics within you! When a girl asks you what you major in you break out the "epic speech" moment and yell proudly, "My passion is Science! For Science is the key to everything! I will embark upon the lifelong journey to find the underlying laws of nature and rip them from her loins so that I may bring peace and prosperity to the world!" Then hold out your hand to her. "Will you join me upon this epic adventure? This amazing journey? For we shall explore it together, for all mankind."

And if she reaches for your hand, by god don't you ever let her go.

I am basing this off of, "what do I tell girls", meaning you only want sex, not relationships. So lie away, doesn't matter. You'll meet the girl you want to be truthful with one day, or probably never. But still, at least you're successful, right?

Drakkith said:
"My passion is Science! For Science is the key to everything! I will embark upon the lifelong journey to find the underlying laws of nature and rip them from her loins so that I may bring peace and prosperity to the world!"
Hope that the girl you're picking up never heard of Grigorij Perelman. Otherwise she may misunderstand you.

I'd rather try something like: "Hey, baby. I'm a scientists. Do you want to see my rocket?"
Or maybe: "Wanna hear my quick lesson on Black Holes?"
Or even: "Honey, don't you mind solving a 3-body problem?"

Science works, you just have to use it right.

E-Guy said:

Since when did majoring in physics became a disreputable endeavor?

Mentalist said:
I am basing this off of, "what do I tell girls", meaning you only want sex, not relationships. So lie away, doesn't matter. You'll meet the girl you want to be truthful with one day, or probably never. But still, at least you're successful, right?

This.

bp_psy said:
Since when did majoring in physics became a disreputable endeavor?

Not very long ago. When people started calling them nerds. :wink:

Also something related to Aero51's thread if you don't want to tell your major directly OR want to make it understandable (aero's case), tell a oversimplified, watered down version of it. Like if you are an aerospace engineer instead of saying

Im looking to research hyper-velocity projectiles. Maybe something in detonation propagation in supersonic/hypersonic flow. I'm also interested in turbulence too

Tell her "I invent fast-moving planes which causes ripples in the air."

In my case I'd say something like "I take small things, modify them with other small things and put them in iPhone to make it work."

I'd expand on the physics theme and say why you're majoring in it like for its elegance at explaining the beauty of the world or that you want to help third world countries with new ideas (the gravity light...).

Besides any girl not interested in what you're doing will probably be uninteresting to you once you get to know her.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I majored in finance, but I always told the girls it was physics.

:rofl:

If the girls don't like you studying physics, they won't like you studying architecture, so...I don't know why you lie to them. What major you're studying isn't that important.

SalvaAleman said:
:rofl:

If the girls don't like you studying physics, they won't like you studying architecture, so...I don't know why you lie to them. What major you're studying isn't that important.

It could be important if people in some majors are known to be rich!:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
It could be important if people in some majors are known to be rich!:biggrin:

Correct, there are girls who will base a relationship on money.

OP: If you want the real thing, just be honest. Read books and stay physically active.

You mean physicists don't make a ton of money?

Guess I can stop hitting on Peng now.

QuarkCharmer said:
You mean physicists don't make a ton of money?

Guess I can stop hitting on Peng now.

Aww, he's going to be sad now.

jedishrfu said:
I'd expand on the physics theme and say why you're majoring in it like for its elegance at explaining the beauty of the world or that you want to help third world countries with new ideas (the gravity light...).

Besides any girl not interested in what you're doing will probably be uninteresting to you once you get to know her.

Wont work unless she is a physics fad.

Kholdstare said:
Wont work unless she is a physics fad.

What?

A few days ago I made a comment regarding this subject that got a lot of people angry...The gist of my conclusions: Tell them you are a writer or an artist.

Aero51 said:
A few days ago I made a comment regarding this subject that got a lot of people angry...The gist of my conclusions: Tell them you are a writer or an artist.

I think you missed the point.

<h2>What do I tell girls I am majoring in?</h2><p>1. What is your major? <br>Answer: My major is the subject or field of study that I am focusing on in college. </p><p>2. Why did you choose your major? <br>Answer: I chose my major because it aligns with my interests and career goals. </p><p>3. What kind of classes do you take for your major? <br>Answer: The classes I take for my major are specific to the subject or field of study, and they help me gain knowledge and skills in that area. </p><p>4. What career opportunities are available with your major? <br>Answer: There are many career opportunities available with my major, including jobs in research, education, and various industries related to my field of study. </p><p>5. How has your major impacted your perspective on the world? <br>Answer: My major has broadened my perspective and deepened my understanding of the subject, as well as how it relates to society and the world around us. </p>

What do I tell girls I am majoring in?

1. What is your major?
Answer: My major is the subject or field of study that I am focusing on in college.

2. Why did you choose your major?
Answer: I chose my major because it aligns with my interests and career goals.

3. What kind of classes do you take for your major?
Answer: The classes I take for my major are specific to the subject or field of study, and they help me gain knowledge and skills in that area.

4. What career opportunities are available with your major?
Answer: There are many career opportunities available with my major, including jobs in research, education, and various industries related to my field of study.

5. How has your major impacted your perspective on the world?
Answer: My major has broadened my perspective and deepened my understanding of the subject, as well as how it relates to society and the world around us.