What do think about this philosophy?

• Thread starter Raza
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Philosophy
In summary: Infinity is the concept of endlessness or vastness while perfection is a state or condition where no further improvement is possible. So the idea of an infinite and perfect God must have come from something outside of mankind.
Raza
All ideas have a cause. The cause must either be inside me (mankind), or something else. Infinity and perfection are not within me(mankind), so the idea of an infinite and perfect God must have come from something outside me(mankind), so God must exist.

I don't want to make another post about this but Can evil be created? or is evil is just the absence of peace?

Note that you can have light in a jar but you can't have dark in a jar.

Physics news on Phys.org
How far can we really conceive of infinity? Our minds are recursive, which means the space of states from which they can assume instances is potentially infinite, but anyone brain can only hold a finite number of such instantiations. I think our best concept of infinity is only "...and so on...". The modern Transfinite cardinals" are transparently just an algebra with certain stated, but not truly comprehended, properties.

All of this tends to deny the premise of your syllogism.

Raza said:
All ideas have a cause. The cause must either be inside me (mankind), or something else. Infinity and perfection are not within me(mankind), so the idea of an infinite and perfect God must have come from something outside me(mankind), so God must exist.

We can cognize things that we cannot represent or realize in practice. Just because "infinity" or "perfection" are things we cannot *make real* doesn't mean the ideas for those things must come from an external source other than our minds.

We can cognize of faster than light travel, but we know we cannot realize it. Where does the concept of FTL come from, god ?

I believe that anything within the grasps of human imagination, is within grasps of human knowledge. There is "God" the universe, and the greater God.. the initator of all that is. If we were born from this energy of all that is... yes, there has to be some communication going on. Just try. Keep trying... until the thought comes into fruition. Does thought make action or does action make thought? The chicken or the egg? :) The brain must spark electricity for thought to process... yet is it the process of that pre-manifested thought that sparks the action of electricity? So what's the underlying most important factor of our existence... thought or action? Will we ever come to recognize that they are one and the same whenever we would want them to be?
Peace and love,
David.

Blindness and wave collapse

Can blind people collapse the wave function or is the wave collapse restricted to the sense of sight? Can other senses such as smell, taste, hearing and feeling collapse the wave function? Does the wave function only collapse on the surface of an object?
THanks RAD

Infinity and perfection are not within me(mankind), so the idea of an infinite and perfect God must have come from something outside me(mankind), so God must exist.

Infinity and perfection is not the same as the idea of infinity and perfection.

1. What is your overall opinion on this philosophy?

As a scientist, I approach everything with a critical and analytical mindset. Therefore, my opinion on a philosophy would depend on its logical consistency, evidence-based claims, and its potential impact on society.

2. Do you think this philosophy aligns with scientific principles?

Science is based on rigorous experimentation and empirical evidence, so any philosophy that claims to be scientific must also adhere to these principles. I would evaluate the philosophy's claims and see if they can be supported by scientific research.

3. Can this philosophy be applied to solve real-world problems?

One of the main goals of science is to improve our understanding of the world and find practical solutions to real-world problems. Thus, I would assess whether this philosophy offers any practical solutions or if it remains purely theoretical.

4. What are the potential implications of this philosophy?

Any philosophy has the potential to influence our beliefs, behaviors, and societal norms. As a scientist, I would consider the potential consequences of adopting this philosophy and whether they align with ethical and moral principles.

5. How does this philosophy compare to other existing philosophies?

In science, we often compare and contrast different theories and hypotheses to better understand a phenomenon. Similarly, I would evaluate how this philosophy differs from other existing philosophies and what unique perspectives it offers.