What do you guys think of physics

Does a person has to be talented at mathematics to be good at physics?

• Yes. Physics is mathematical science.

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

What he said was true, read the preface of

"Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration Into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel" by Michio Kaku
On page 6 of the preface, Kaku says that without an understanding of advanced physics he would be left to speculate aimlessly about what is possible/impossible. Then he says he realized he had to study advanced mathematics and theoretical physics...

darn, i used the word integral in my last post without making a pun. this is a sad day for me. But seriously, whether or not my analogy is as pure as you would like it to be, math is definitely important in physics since physics is expressed through math.

If you do not LOVE mathematics, you will HATE physics.

Even the experimental physicists need a lot of mathematics.
I love math, but not so much liking on the Physics part. It bores me, I've been told though, that is because I am in just the basic Physics and that it doesn't get fun until sting theory... if that's the case, bring on the string theory :biggrin:

mcknia, string theory is plenty of fun, but the level of maths one can play with simply with quantum field theory is already quite satisfying, I guarantee.

There is quite some material on this webpage

Of course, I would advise to have exhausted classical field theory before
NhNBW8a8-lI[/youtube]