What do you guys think to this?

• Thread starter coffeem
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a website called Sixty Symbols created by a university to promote physics to a non-technical audience. The participants have mixed opinions, with one finding the site terrible and another finding it cool. They question the target audience and speculate that the university may be aiming for YouTube fame.
coffeem
http://www.sixtysymbols.com/videos/006.htm

My university have created this site to broaden "outreach" in physics. Some of them are pretty decent, but I personally think this one is terrible. Just wondered what you think to the idea in general.

Physics news on Phys.org
brazil nut one is cool

Is there a specific target audience in mind? I don't really see the draw.

some are lame , but some are kool

Andy Resnick said:
Is there a specific target audience in mind? I don't really see the draw.

Tbh I do not think there is. Generally aimed at a none technical background. I think they are possibly hoping for a bit of youtube celebrity.

1. What is your professional opinion on this topic?

As a scientist, my opinion on any topic is rooted in evidence-based research. I would need to review the relevant studies and data before forming an opinion.

2. Can you explain the potential implications of this idea or discovery?

As a scientist, I am trained to analyze and interpret data to determine the potential implications of any idea or discovery. However, further research and testing may be required to fully understand the implications.

3. How does this idea or discovery contribute to the scientific community?

Any new idea or discovery can contribute to the scientific community by adding to our collective knowledge and understanding of the world. It may also inspire further research and advancements in the field.

4. What are the limitations of this study or idea?

As with any study or idea, there are likely to be limitations. These could include sample size, methodology, or potential biases. It is important to carefully evaluate and address these limitations in order to accurately interpret the results.

5. How does this compare to previous research or theories?

As a scientist, I am constantly evaluating new research and theories in relation to previous studies and established theories. This helps to build upon existing knowledge and identify any discrepancies or gaps in understanding.