Exploring the Wonders of Mathematics: A Scientific Perspective

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a funny video that was shared between friends. The video was about what math students do in their free time and included a funny comment from a teacher. The conversation also mentioned the use of TI-83 calculators and how they are seen as geeky. One person enjoyed the video but thought the song was too short, while another person preferred a different math-related video. Overall, the conversation was about sharing and discussing humorous content related to math.
gravenewworld
hilarious and clever

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw this a while ago, thought it was pretty amusing. One of my friends emailed it me, asking if its what all us maths students get upto in our free time... :rolleyes:

I only ended up laughing at the teacher's comment at the end :-p :biggrin:

haha... "can't even integrate" :rofl:

Actually, the ti-83s (or whatever) are the most geek-ish think in the whole video. Imagine wearing one of these round your neck all the time. Perhaps even showing up on a date with it. :tongue:

Last edited:
I thought wearing the ti-s around the neck was funny, but I felt the song was really lacking; It was far too short, and it seemed most of it was the chorus.

It was funny. One of my room mates was a rapper; I remember he listened to the song this one parodys a couple times, it's catchy, but this one's lyrics are much better.

I really like that one ^ !

The what do you know about math one is awesome too.

1. What is your definition of math?

Math is the study of numbers, quantities, and shapes and their relationships. It involves using logical reasoning and critical thinking skills to solve problems and make predictions.

2. Why is math important?

Math is important because it is the foundation for many fields and industries such as science, technology, engineering, and finance. It also helps us make sense of the world around us and improve our problem-solving skills.

3. What are the different branches of math?

Some of the main branches of math include algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and trigonometry. Other branches include number theory, topology, and discrete mathematics.

4. How does math relate to everyday life?

Math is used in everyday life in various ways, such as budgeting, measuring, cooking, and understanding data and statistics. It also helps us make informed decisions and solve everyday problems.

5. What are some common misconceptions about math?

Some common misconceptions about math include that it is only for "smart" people, that there is only one right way to solve a problem, and that it is all about memorizing formulas. In reality, anyone can learn math, there can be multiple ways to solve a problem, and it involves more than just memorization.